Mode of Employment: Limited; 17,5 hours/week
Use your knowledge as a springboard.
Do you like the sound of finding the smartest solution side by side with professionals and experts? If so, complete your PhD thesis with us. We can help you to combine knowledge, discover connections, and formulate ideas. When you join our team, you will gain an insight into a range of departments and processes. It is a chance like no other to break new ground as we head into the future of electrification, automation, and digitalization. Seize this opportunity today!
Change the future with us.
For the factory of the future, you will develop a sensing solution that learns independently and improves continuously in terms of safety and effectiveness of the overall system. Humans can recognize the state of their environment very quickly and precisely with their senses. To solve these complex monitoring and control tasks in the industrial environment with the required accuracy and security, a high number of sensor data must be collected, fused, and evaluated. New miniaturized and low-cost sensors not only for physical properties, but also for chemical information play a major role. This, combined with the increasing computing power available to interpret these huge amounts of data, is enabling a paradigm shift in factory monitoring.
As part of a nationally funded project, you will contribute to the development of multi-modal IoT monitoring systems targeting the reduction of the energy footprint in industrial plants. Together with a multidisciplinary project team, you will integrate various novel sensors into intelligent sensor nodes to collect data from a real industrial environment. Based on the sensor data you will develop sophisticated ML/AI-based algorithms to provide insights on relevant operating conditions of industrial equipment such as system damage, leaks, or unwanted emissions.
- You are curious and interested in new developments, you like disruptive trends and innovations
- You like working with other people but also developing your own ideas and implementing them together with the team
- You have experience in the field of software development, and are familiar with existing open source and industrial software components
- You are also interested in new sensor technologies and can imagine hands on work by setting up prototypes and demonstrator
What you need to make real what matters.
- You have successfully completed your university studies in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or engineering
- You have experience in the design and implementation of software systems in C/C++ and/or Python, ideally in IoT and edge systems
- You have good knowledge in data analysis, methods of machine learning and AI as well as an understanding of sensors and sensing systems
- You are well versed in the open-source culture and associated code sharing platforms (e.g., GitHub, GitLab)
- Very good German and English skills complete your profile
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
Do you have questions about the application? Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time