If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
We’re searching for a Maximo System Expert to join an established team supporting Siemens Mobility with world class expertise that’s changing the future of rail fleet maintenance.
This is your role – what will you bring?
Your role provides expertise for new functionalities and projects as well as 2nd and 3rd line Maximo support and BIRT Report Writing. Input into the technical definition, development and testing of the CORMAP Maintenance Management System (MMS) for individual Siemens UK rail fleets. CORMAP is a Siemens implementation of IBM Maximo that is tailored for management of rail fleet maintenance.
You will take a lead role during the development of requirements or a solution either internally or with customers and will develop the detailed requirements and solution approach to defined business requirements and prepare technical design specifications where needed. You will employ a wide range of both analytical and technical skills to deliver complex solutions to support our UK train fleet, Materials Management, Warehouse and Traincare Facilities.
Together with the CORMAP System Manager, your expert role enables Fleet Delivery Managers, Performance Teams and Materials Teams to report to various customers including Train Operating Companies, Siemens Project Teams and Network Rail. You’ll work with the wider Mobility rail team, the CORMAP support team in Germany and suppliers of third-party systems to ensure that stakeholder expectations are managed and met.
Your main responsibilities are
- Provide expertise and support the fleet operations teams to ensure all system user requirements are captured and understood.
- Development experience with IBM’s Maximo application.
- Work closely with our team in Germany to manage the specification, configuration, development and testing of the Siemens CORMAP system to deliver all agreed user requirements.
- Manage and distribute tickets and enhancement requests received
- Create BIRT Reports for Business Analytics and KPI reporting.
- Assist with diagnosis and resolution of faults and issues that are passed on by the first and second line support teams.
- Collaboration with our Rail franchise operators to ensure their system architecture which will then interface with ours
- Contribute to process and business improvement plans both within the team and across wider teams
- Adapt to changes in business needs
What do you need to apply?
- Experience of delivering IBM Maximo modifications.
- A technical understanding of the Maximo system and how to configure it.
- BIRT Report Writing skills
- A detailed understanding of SQL
- Ability to manage multiple user requirements on complex systems.
- Good stakeholder and user management skills.
- Good knowledge of IT systems.
- Good communicator, both written and oral.
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise and plan own time in line with department requirements.
- Experience of maintenance management systems and supporting finance and other information systems in a rolling stock environment.
- Demonstrate strategic awareness to make a connection between your day-to-day tasks and the overall goals an IT department.
- Experience in a rolling stock maintenance organisation highly desirable.
- Experience in Power BI application development.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time