We are currently recruiting for a Stores co-ordinator within Siemens Mobility – Rolling stock.
This role is on a permanent full-time basis this role will be site independent but primarily working from the Hornsey site.
About the role
As the Stores co-ordinator it will be your responsibility to ensure that the general management of materials is in accordance with the defined procedures and the Stores operation meets the requirement of the Production plan.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Stock control utilizing the stock management system
- Receive, dispatch, inspect and issue materials
- Update the relative order/materials databases
- Ensure Stores security is maintained
- Monitor status of depot fire equipment
- Assist technical staff in the identification of materials and raise order requests
- Receive local SAP orders on behalf of all depot personnel and distribute as required
- Assembling, packing materials/goods according to logistical demands/programs in order to support timely handing of the dispatch orders
- Loading and unloading of the trucks in a careful manner in order to ensure the released goods are moved and stored without damage and in line with manual guidelines
- Daily and weekly checks of all technical devices and systems used for handling materials are carried out in order to ensure a high safety standard and long economic life-time
- Completing regular checks of the different storage facilities by using visual checks and testing storage conditions such as environment, weight, size, type of goods in order to ensure that the material is stored correctly and if necessary to able to take corrective action at an early stage
- Ensuring that materials are picked in accordance to the maintenance exams of the trains and that the items are delivered from the Stores, taking into consideration legislation and procedures, are supplied in good time to the receiving units.
- Request outside agencies for transportation of material through authorised accounts to move material to other depot/suppliers.
- Collaboration with internal/ external customer to meet current needs and explore opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Develop a relationship with the customer that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
- Actively participate in our 3is improvement programme and drive implementation of improvements from the team.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
What Skills, Qualification and Experience do I need for this role?
− Good written and oral communication skills
− Good level of computer literacy
− Good organisational and time management skills
− Warehouse and/or logistical experience
− Driving License
− Fork Lift License (can be put through training)
− Previous experience in a Stores role
− Basic engineering knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time