Siemens Large Drives LLC is looking for a Field Service Technician for our Variable Frequency Drives that will coordinate, lead, implements and/or perform service for new equipment installations, upgrades, retrofits, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and training.Responsibilities
- Perform Commissioning installations, Preventative Maintenance, sophisticated trouble shooting, problem analysis and product specific service on Siemens product line.
- Performs sophisticated maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc.
- Must be proficient with use of various hand tools, torque wrenches, etc.,
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs as the need arises
- Ability to lift heavy objects, bending & reaching as the need arises
- Completes documentation of all work performed – Commissioning, Preventative Maintenance, Upgrades, trouble shooting, etc.
- 5+ years of technical hands-on experience specific to electrical measurement equipment and/or Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required
- Working proficiency with electrical measurement equipment including; multimeters, oscilloscopes, and various niche equipment for communication and network systems.
- Adept at field service, troubleshooting and commissioning activities for Siemens Perfect Harmony VFD’s and Sinamics products.
- Validated troubleshooting techniques and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Candidate should be able to read and understand electrical plans, specifications, drawings, and installation schematics.
- 100% Travel required with the position
- Knowledge of Siemens product experience in Perfect Harmony VFDs and Sinamics equipment.
- Off Shore Platform work required – HUET training
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidate should be familiar with electrical safety PPE and procedures (LOTO, NFPA70E and OSHA regulations.)
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.