Are you ready to be part of the RC ES Legal Department?
You will be enrolled in Siemens, S.A. (Spain) with local contract, as member of the Legal Department of Siemens Spain, based in Tres Cantos (Madrid), reporting directly to the General Counsel, and under a flexible and hybrid working model, combining home office and presential work.
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, any kind of social or personal status; or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and legal educational background.
What role will you play?
Your job will be very diverse and interesting, and offers the opportunity to get an excellent overview of what Siemens does, as well as gaining experience and valuable legal knowledge. You will support the legal areas of Corporate and M&A, as well as the Finance Business lead by the Siemens Legal entity in Spain, in alignment with the respective areas and colleagues at Headquarter level. Legal support includes legal advice on corporate, finance and M&A law, including reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts, preparing legal risk analyses, internal approval processes, participation in due diligence processes, governance legal matters, board of directors and shareholders meetings.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
1. Ensuring effective legal risk managment (operational focus) in differente types of finance contracts (confirming, forfaiting, etc.). Address legal risks and opportunities by:
a. proactively identifying them and bringing them together with a proposal for the solution.
b. applying entrepreneurial and legal view point in order to mitigate risks and to realize opportunities which otherwise may have been missed
2. Legal support to and drafting legal documents related to Board of Directors, Shareholders Assembly and other governance bodies. Execution of the correspondant decisions, notarizing and registering them.
3. Legal support on any kind of M&A transactions and Corporate projects (carve-out, mergers, spin-off, assets tranfers, capital transfer, etc.) and worktreams. Participation in data room, due diligence and negotiations. Drafting and reviewing contracts
2. Counseling Business Partner in assigned areas, gathering the facts and providing appropriate advice. Assuming responsibility in order to contribute to success of business.
3. Managing legal proceedings, in cooperation with Legal Specialists (where appropriate).
4. Managing claims in cooperation with claim management, by analyzing the contract and setting up the strategy in order to optimize business position
5. Effective legal control of agreements and tenders within assigned areas. Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all types of agreements - taking responsibility for legal risk assessment, in order to seize good opportunities and to identify and mitigate business risks
6. Internal knowledge sharing and training. Share legal knowledge within Legal Department and proactively influence Business Partner's behavior to identify business opportunities and minimize risks
7. Reporting In cooperation with Legal Specialists (where appropriate), as file reports on material legal risks and proceedings by - collecting, summarizing and updating data - using IT-Tools and experience in risk evaluation.
How does that sound? How do we imagine our ideal candidate?
We are looking for junior candidates with around three years of experience. Soft skills are highly appreciated for your integration in Siemens Legal: a Team as diverse, dynamic, passionate and enthusiastic, as we are performing to the highest quality standards.
Among other skills, we are looking for someone with:
- The highest ethical and integrity standards.
- Team Spirit. Excellent capabilities as a team player.
- High awareness of responsibility, autonomous and self-discipline; as well as strongly oriented to reach the highest quality standards.
- Cultural sensitivity. Can easily navigate between the different cultures within a multicultural and multinational company as Siemens, promoting mutual understanding
- Adaptability to constant changes and new environments. Open-minded and curious. Thinking „out of the box“.
- Growth Mindset. Passion for learning and embracing new challenges.
- Strong communication skills.
Of course, must meet some other requirements:
- Law degree on a Spanish University.
- Duly qualified to provide Legal advice as a Spanish lawyer in accordance with the correspondent Bar Association.
- Perfect knowledge of Spanish language.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must (including ability to draft and negotiate contracts). Mastered at a C1 level.
- Three years of experience working in corporate, finance or M&A law practice, as in-house lawyer or as external Lawyer.
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time