Join our team of about 380,000 colleagues around the globe and help us create environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
- Creation of technical and commercial proposals based on review and mark-up of customer’s technical specifications
- Drive the development and coordination of distribution service offerings with the EA Business Unit and Low Voltage (LP) Business Unit for bundling with product offers.
- Collaborate and communicate with both Siemens Regional and Product Business Development in Smart Infrastructure (SI) along with other sales channels on proposal, project and opportunities.
- Coordinate activities during the preparation of proposal documents describing technical, financial and legal aspects of the offer
- Ensure that all relevant project information, documentation and communication are handed over to project execution organization after contract award
- CRM and Limitation of Authority(LOA) process is a key requirement and metric for accurate pipeline management and bid approval process respectively
- Participate in switchgear services general marketing activities. This includes external marketing communications, and trade shows
- Participate in improvement of sales tools, processes and procedures to establish “best in class” bidding processes
- Preparation of all proposal documents including official LoA documents (LoA -Limit of Authority)
- Keep track of all opportunities in SieOps (Siemens CRM tool)
- Cost calculation for services scope of supply
- Participation of bid preparation, schedule, budget and division of responsibilities between the team members
- Establish and coordinate bid team activities
- Ensure progress according to Siemens official bid approval process while meeting customer expectations
- Support sales managers during negotiations and clarifications
- Handover to project organization according to PM@Siemens guideline
- Improving sales tools, documents, processes and procedures
- 2-5 years sales/engineering experience in transmission and/or distribution products, services, or equivalent
- Understanding and/or work experience with some or all of the following areas is preferred: (1) Medium voltage switchgear (both AIS and GIS), (2) LV switchgear, breakers, and (3) Medium voltage spare parts and vacuum replacement breakers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, negotiating, writing and presentation skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally required
- A history of measurable goal-driven success
- Success in working in a multicultural team environment
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you. If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, dental benefits, and much more.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.