Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Responsible for the day to day running, maintenance and safe storage of project materials for all regional depots and stores areas, including satellite offices & welfare units required for the projects.
What are my responsibilities?
With safety as a primary consideration at all times, for you, your colleagues, and anyone else in the vicinity of the sites and the works undertaken;
- Liaise with project and installation teams and attend all relevant meetings related to projects assigned to you
- Overall running and security of the stores to include goods inwards (including system goods receipt activity), Stock Control, material issues, stock replenishment (consumables), inventory checks, stock discrepancy identification, timely investigation and reporting.
- Facilitate the day to day running & maintenance of main project depot, stores area, satellite offices and welfare units for the regional projects assigned to you.
- Ensure project materials are picked and made available/delivered for installation in a timely manner. Set expectations with the teams for the required time to complete the activity
- Support the system ordering for consumables, plant and tools etc. which are not included on BOM (MIE/MIC has control of ordering these materials). Checking all deliveries on arrival & book in all materials and plant as & when they arrive on the specified system.
- Hired plant and tools. Maintain in line with forecasted on and off hire dates, and ensure the hire company is advised in a timely fashion for new requirements and off hire
- Calibration, validation and servicing of all hand tools, crimp tools and plant, to include the safe, secure storage, across assigned projects.
- Maintain the company tools database in line with requirements for all tools and plant, owned and hired.
- Facilities management. Ensuring any repairs and general maintenance are carried out in a timely fashion. Dealing directly with maintenance contractors to ensure all repairs are carried out for assigned project offices
- Responsible for site safety and security
- Liaise on monthly basis with BTP in connection with areas of copper cable installation
- All yard/office inspections
- Fire drills and system testing
- Liaising with procurement on materials orders and deliveries
- Liaising with Fleet Administrator and Fleet support on all transport/vehicle issues. Control of the vehicle Fleet for the projects - this includes repairs/ensuring MOT's are carried out/Hires & Log Book returns
- Problem solving, expediting critical materials/tools/plant at short notice
- Invoice checking for queries/issues related to project procurement.
- All other reasonable project logistics duties as and when required
- Responsible for all site waste management activities for all depots
- Responsible for the requesting & distribution of PPE for Project
- Responsible for adherence to all associated HSE and Railway legislation, and all other laws and by-laws that may be applicable
- At all times, represent Siemens in the manor and with the respect demanded of the business in all its activities.
- Information security. Be aware of all relevant info sec requirements and act upon them.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience of working in a materials/stores/warehouse environment (essential)
- Experience of managing a small team (essential)
- Good level of general education (essential), to include experience with Excel spread sheets
- IT literate
- Knowledge of railway signaling equipment and tooling, preferred, but not essential
- Forklift and telehandler trained
- Be able to work to process
- Work under pressure as part of an extended Logistics Team, but on your own initiative for the projects assigned to you
- Be able to maintain strict control of site tools and materials when under pressure
- Be prepared to be responsible and accountable for your sites and activities
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time