Building Automation Systems Specialist Interns
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for an internship where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Does gaining hands-on experience, real-world skills, and valuable knowledge while developing yourself professionally sound exciting to you?
Then look to the Siemens Summer 2023 Internship Program: Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services Americas. Not sure what we do? Click HERE
Siemens is recognized as one of the world’s largest and best-known companies and was acknowledged in 2022 by:
- Fortune: One of the World’s Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Overview of the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Specialist Intern Program:
- During this 10-week internship program, you will rotate through various departments at the local branch office, focusing on smart buildings and sustainable infrastructure.
- 80% of your time will be spent on specialist (technician) related activities (visiting customer sites, classroom learning, on-the-job training, and shadowing, etc.), 10% of your time with be spent with the sales department and learning how we go-to-market and sell our solutions and services, and 10% of your time will be spent in our projects (solutions) or service departments, focusing on the related tasks needed to deliver world-class service to Siemens customers.
- You may get experience rotating through our core business segments, which include HVAC, Fire/Life Safety, Security, and Energy/Sustainability Systems.
- The goal of this internship program is to develop future talent for the Siemens organization and help you identify where you may be interested in pursuing a career at Siemens post-graduation.
- This internship is intended to move into a paid 9-month Technical Development Program post-internship while finishing your second year of Technical School/Community College. There will be a limited number of spots available.
Working alongside our Specialists and Operations Supervisors, you will:
- Meet with the customers (for Service) to diagnose their HVAC/Building Automation, Fire/Life Safety, or Integrated Security electronic control system malfunctions and use your expertise to maintain, repair, or (for Solutions) install new equipment; commissioning if needed
- Consult with our internal engineering and management team for discrepancies in our drawings or as problems arise
- Interface with the customers: complete the service work documentation, assist them with training instructions needed for future ease-of-use, and (most importantly) recommend system enhancements providing a value-added partner relationship
Who Should Apply?
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- Students currently enrolled in a 2-year Technical School or Community College pursuing an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in HVACR and/or Controls (other focus areas may be considered)
- GPA: 3.0+ (preferred)
- Availability: 40 hours per week from May/June to July/August 2023
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Willingness to move into a paid 9-month Technical Development Program post-internship while finishing your second year of Technical School/Community College, if selected
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.