Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services. Today, we are recruiting for the Maintenance Document Control Lead position to Join our Project Team in Cairo office. This is an excellent career opportunity for DMs experienced from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
What are my responsibilities?
- The objectives of the document officer are to manage project documents in conformance with contractual requirements while ensuring that all internal and external project document regulations and requirements are met, and to support the project team to ensure that project documents are processed accurately and effectively.
- Responsible for project document-related planning, controlling, monitoring and reporting.
- Set-up and maintenance of the project environment in the EDM system (data ownership, folder structure, roles and rights, storage/classification criteria) in cooperation with the project manager and any further interface partners.
- Provides training and user support on the EDMS.
- Implements and maintains all measures necessary for IT-Security (Access control and user rights, integrity of documents, recovery of documents, storage and archiving of documents in paper and electronic form).
- Establishes and maintain relevant procedures in accordance with the contract / customer / consultant / onshore and offshore project team (templates, review and release procedures, submission procedures, translation procedures, EDMS coding system) and ensures that these procedures will be followed and applied.
- Creates and controls the project document master list in order to determine the relevant deadline situation with respect to documentation (e.g. plan is on agreed course).
- Coordinates the documents to be created with PM, sub PM, other project members.
- Support of controlling of on-time document creation in cooperation with the scheduler or as part of the DM’s own management competence in cooperation with the project manager and any further interface partners.
- Checking of the document management requirements in a project.
- Delivery of the contractually agreed project documents to defined partners.
- Standardized reporting on the current state of document planning.
- Briefing and training of project staff on the document creation process and usage of the necessary RI standard tools.
- Participation in project meetings, discussions with the customer and, where applicable, customer visits.
- Definition, creation, updating and communication of the project-specific document management plan including all interfaces of document management to be described; as an alternative, provision of a description in the project management plan.
- Submits documents to customer and monitors and controls the document status within the relevant deadlines
- Controls, monitors and reports on documentation issues (status and plan dates of documents)
- Responsible for archiving of documents in accordance with company rules
- Checking of compliance with the activities described in the document management plan.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Computer knowledge, document management software, Aconex, MS Windows and MS Office applications, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience as a Documentation officer for the implementation of a similar large turnkey project (depending on size and complexity of project)
- Previous experience of leading a group of document controllers desirable
- Experience of preparing submissions to meet contractual requirements
- Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Independent and structured approach to work
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
- Flexible team player with attention to detail
- High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time