Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Maintenance Interface Manager position to Join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Professionals from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be responsible for the interface coordination between various partners (Civil Contractors, Rail Operator, Siemens Systems (REL, SIG, RST, DWE and others)) at design and construction phase in Railway Turnkey Projects.
- You will be responsible to coordinate all civil related interfaces between Siemens System scope and the involved civil companies at the depot.
- You will interact with the Siemens project team, the Siemens Engineering lots with relevant departments inside the Siemens organization (such as Commercial, legal, Project Management), the consortium, civil companies, architect’s offices, and consultants.
- Contributes to depot related field design changes, non-conformance reports, requests for information, and documentation.
- Contributes to subjects such as negotiating contract change orders.
- Liaisons between the various maintenance and operation departments to manage services / maintenance tasks.
- Chairing of internal meetings within the maintenance section
- Co-ordination of the interfaces between the other project / maintenance section
- Specifies the requirements for the recruitment of personnel in cooperation with the Human Resources Administrator and suggests training programs for the staff under his management
- Optimization of maintenance tasks as result of ongoing analysis .
- Review ,modify and comment to interface documents provided by EPC [Interface control documents, Interface requirements, application drawings, system interface and integration test procedures/ reports... etc.] That show the complete configuration of the product/system being integrated and provide the adequate guidance to the different contributing parties to the identified interfaces.
- Lead the interface discussions with EPC / MJV technical teams and customer
- Acquire deep understanding of subsystems provided by external suppliers and ensure compatibility at system level which shall lead to form a fully competent team that can act as a core counter-part staff for the different suppliers and act as a focal point on the global system level.
- Ensure that all interface specifications are respected in an appropriate way that satisfies the product life cycle phase success criteria and keep proper asset management, and monitor the project RAM targets during the revenue service
- Active participation in optimal overall project technical resolutions
- Ensure that System Description is clear to the different staff/suppliers which shall help them determine where system interfaces exist which in its turn would lead to facilitating the coordination between the diversified subsystems to avoid wrong assumptions, misconduct, unilateral decisions… etc. which would impact/jeopardize the global system integrity/performance.
- Liaise with the end customer and provide the needed clarifications, technical arguments, incident reports
- Define properly with the due carefulness all the system impacted items during system rectification and apply all the needed regression testing (if any) to put the system back in to the original state.
- Apply all the needed system performance Testing in the defined time slot, with minimum impact on the line operation, that guarantees the full system integrity before coming back to normal operation.
- Study and define all the needed measures that limits the fault area and keep the impact at minimum on the different subsystems and ensure the safe operation during all degraded and emergency case scenarios.
- Support the maintenance director in the planning of maintenance activities,
- Keep good records and professional configuration management to archive and make available all the necessary modifications during the maintenance activities and show them on a mark-up drawing in addition to issuing the necessary subsequent updates on the interface register and matrix
- Assist the commercial team to reply on the claims received from the different suppliers and end the customer side as well to reserve the company legitimate rights and interests
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree of Engineering
- Minimum 5-8 years Rail transportation experience in design and construction of transit improvement projects (stations/ wayside and depots).
- knowledge in the areas of offer and interface management as well as tender and contract analysis, while further knowledge in track construction / system knowledge railway is desirable.
- Safety Certification.
- At least 5 years of successful management of maintenance
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
- High level of Customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time