Have you ever traveled on a high-speed train like the German ICE or Czech ČD RailJet or the Prague metro, wondering how sometimes your Smartphone has internet connection and sometimes not? How the screens in the train show next stops? Modern trains are full of information technology - IP based networks, modern protocols like video streaming, voice applications and many others. This software is built with modern engineering tools, object oriented, and based on the Linux open-source software stack.
We are Siemens Mobility Train IT team and we are developing a new IT platform for modern trains. Join us and help us create rail vehicles of tomorrow!
What does your future team look like?
You will be part of the European SW Engineering team and develop the next generation Java applications for trains such as passenger information, passenger counting, CCTV or other exciting new technologies that will be deployed to Siemens trains worldwide. Your software conforms to high standards for robustness, fault tolerance and maintainability.
- Be a member of an agile, decentralized, international development team
- Design software modules
- Write clean product code in a test-driven way
- Develop automated integration tests
- Support the commissioning phase of the trains on-site (travel up to 5%)
- 3+ years of experience in Java development (Java 6, 8, 11+)
- Python (testing scripts)
- Understanding of Linux, Clean Code, and standard IP communication
- Working knowledge of Redmine, Jenkins, Git or Subversion, including branching models
- 1+ years of experience with Scrum/Kanban and CI/CD, TDD or XP
- Docker engine
- Fluent English
Extra advantage for this role is:
- Spring framework
- Knowledge of Java component frameworks, particularly OSGi
- Experience with SonarQube, and Gradle
- Experience in the railway industry
- German or any other language
Join us and enjoy following benefits:
- Signing bonus in the amount of CZK 50,000/100,000 CZK
- Up to 33 days of holidays/year
- Flexible working hours (fix part from 10AM to 2PM)
- Company kindergarten near the workplace in Prague and Ostrava
- Home office to support your work-life balance (allowance of 100 CZK/day on home office)
- Annual budget of CZK 24,000 or 48,000 (depending on seniority) in our Cafeteria to be used for various leisure activities
…for more benefits click here: https://www.siemens.cz/mobilityjobs/en/employee-benefits
You can find our offices nearby Stodůlky subway station in Prague.
Would you like to become a part of Siemens Mobility and you don’t have ready your CV in English or do you need more information? Contact me at email@example.com or through LinkedIn on www.linkedin.com/in/zuzana-trubacova. I will be happy to add you to my contacts for potential future cooperation!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time