Siemens Digital Industries is the innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. Together with our partners and customers we drive Digitalization in both the discrete and the process industry, enabling flexibility, efficiency, and reduced time to market. Digital transformation paves the way for innovation, services, and new data-based business models.
Who we are
We have many ideas on how to successfully drive digitalization in companies. For example, through open cloud platforms, sophisticated security systems or clever tools for developers. Your role in this? Become a world-beyond-the-scenes mover with your IT expertise and enthusiasm for pioneering information technologies. Simply think IT differently and steer projects in completely new directions. Show courage where others would have given up long ago. In short: Drive digitization forward decisively! We offer you the resources you need. We also offer you a wide range of job opportunities and the chance to become part of a global network of IT experts and professionals. Welcome to our world!
As a IT Database Architect you will
- Be part of the IT business partner organization for the Digital Industries Headquarter function in the area of Sales, Marketing & Communication
- Lead the architecture design of DI Sales Data Cloud (SDC), this provides the data foundation for all DI Sales initiatives worldwide
- Oversee that all data analytics and data models built SDC in are harmonized and consistent, in other words it must be easily scalable for other use cases
- Ensure SDC analytics aligned with entire Siemens Data Cloud concept
- Oversee the entire SDC operation such as data governance, data integration, authorization concept, Front-End connection and accountability for Snowflake costs
- Be part of an intercultural and dedicated team to provide the best support and fast solutions to drive DI Sales digital transformation
- Bachelors' degree in IT from reputable university or college
- Long term IT experience as a senior software engineer/ architect with a strong background in development, architecture, and agile software development process
- Extensive experience in relational database design and architecture with a solid knowledge of advanced SQL
- Good knowledge of various data warehousing methodologies and data modeling concepts
- Working experience and a good understanding of the AWS environment
- Experience in IT Project Management
- Experience in running IT development projects in an agile approach
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with good problem-solving capabilities
- High proficiency in English, German is an advantage
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time