Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
You will be responsible for proposal preparation for large electrical generators as part of the overall bid management team. Preparation of detail design for electrical systems, IEEE and IEC rules for standards development, Preparation and testing of interconnection diagrams, Single Line Diagrams (SLD’s) in COMOS tool.
The position will be based in Gurgaon, India, in the global challenging technical environment in the Global Customer Operations, Electrical Systems department. You will have to closely coordinate with the Electrical Systems department in Germany and US for large power systems, ideally in the specific field of electrical generators including related auxiliary systems.
- Evaluate complex customer specifications and grid codes regarding the relevant generator requirements.
- Perform project-specific electrical sizing calculations.
- Provide interface data for generator integration to internal and external partners.
- Perform Technical Risk Assessment.
- Prepare technical bid documentation.
- Clarify technical, financial and scheduling topics with the SE GS C generator network partners in Charlotte, USA and Mülheim, Germany.
- Provide project-specific cost as input to the overall package pricing.
- Support customer clarification meetings in the proposal phase.
- Handover projects for implementation to SE GS C generator network partners as final step of proposal activities.
- Responsible for component design for Electrical systems, Battery Charger systems, Generator CTs and Protection system, Low Voltage (LV) Switch gear, LV transformer, Electrical actuation systems, Power Control Centers (PCCs) from concept to Detail Design.
- Responsible for Detail Design of Electrical system and panel design using databases and tools, Wiring instructions, BOMS, Cable routing & planning.
- Responsible for electrical interconnections, schematics and SLD preparation in Comos.
- Understanding of Hazardous Area Classifications (HAC) aligned to the Class/Zone approach.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor/Master’s in Electrical Engineering or other comparable degree
- Electrical Engineering knowledge in the area of large power systems, ideally in the specific field of electrical generators including related auxiliary systems.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Total Experience of 3 to 10 years
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Proactive and Solution Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
- Interaction with internal partners and customers requires good communication skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Site ( Gurgaon ). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time