Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position is responsible for project specific configuration of the Gas & Steam Turbine I&C System (basic Software) and associated technological input (Data Sheets, MEL, VEL). Leads design team and controls output of the associated design team regarding quality, budget, and schedule. The position will be AUX Control Systems department in a global group. This position is in Gurgaon (IND) and involves design, engineering, and team management skills for the Siemens Steam Turbine packages. Majority of the tasks will be in Customer order engineering and project execution but also supporting in R&D tasks and site support.
- Expertise in Steam turbine and its auxiliary’s process
- Clarify project design requirements and create internal structures for project execution
- Understanding of plant auxiliaries, electrical and generator schemes and their control concept.
- Turbine/plant startup scheme and protection concept
- Turbine transient study and functional testing of project governor schemes post software implementation
- Provide field/site support
- Steam turbine instrumentation engineering including instruments selection, electrical specs.
- Comos – Project I&C parameters engineering
- Instrument/Electrical Consumer lists
- Define I&C system requirements in COMOS (System Configuration Meeting)
- Coordinate project schedule and technical requirements with project management and the control system supplier (SO IC)
- Perform technical and commercial review of control system supplier’s offer
- Define customer interfaces requirements (Signal Exchange List, Customer Letters, Customer Meetings)
- Coordinate Siemens internal I&C requirements (Generator, electrical etc.)
- Create project specific I&C solutions
- Create project specific control system testing procedures
- Provide technical solutions for issues identified during testing
- Define and coordinate electrical consumer requirements with designer of motor control center
- Create and issue project specific design documents (wiring diagrams, electrical specification)
- Define and issue field instrumentation specifications
- Measurements, Turbine Outline Supplement, Hook-ups etc.
- Maintain continuous data management for electrical consumer and measuring points
- Ensure site support (for erection and commissioning) up to handover of the turbine generator to customer (PAC)
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelors in Controls, Instrumentation or Electronics Engineering or other comparable degree
- 8 to 15 years of engineering work experience
- 3 years in the related work
- Expertise in SPPA T3000, COMOS or equivalent database tools.
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
- Solid entrepreneurial thinking
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Expertise in Control System Design
- Solid understanding of Functional Safety requirements IEC61508/IEC61511
- Expertise in SPPA T3000, PCS7, COMOS, Team-center
- Expertise in comparable technical areas of work
- Expertise in project execution or control system R&D
- Expertise in project engineering management
- Expertise in turbine transients’ study and to study country specific grid requirements for turbine governor
- Expertise in power generation business
- Solid experience with working in a global team
- Key words Control systems, Cable Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Detail Design of Control system using SPPA T3000, BOMS, Comos, EPlan, Team-center, Steam Turbine instrumentation, Turbo supervisory system.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Site ( Gurgaon ). You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time