Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Digital Industries in Congleton is an award-winning facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing, and servicing inverters for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our inverters support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in finance and accountancy.
This degree apprentice programme lasts for 4 years, during which time you will gain the necessary skills to work alongside our Finance and Commercial Teams to ensure our business is maintaining high financial performance.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1&2: Study towards your AAT qualification initially if not already AAT qualified.
- Year 3&4: Providing you successfully complete the AAT qualification; we will then progress you onto the level 7 CIMA qualification.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Producing financial reports for month and year end reporting.
- Working with other Siemens businesses to perform compliance audits and check we are following accurate guidelines.
- Work with managers to prepare budgets and forecast reporting documents to plan how much money departments will spend over the financial year and track how well they are doing throughout the year.
- Act as a lead in Digitalisation for the team, deploying new digital technologies to improve our current processes and ensuring that we are continually improving.
- To collate reporting data on a regular basis to ensure the appropriate distribution of information to the correct recipients.
- Manage / Authorise the spend or booking of costs to 100 RLP Cost Centres. Review the output and make sure its correct and complete (controlling / review)
- Maintain key accounts and tasks within function e.g. Releasing & new Prepayments, Posting Siemens Invoicing etc.
- To create, interrogate and challenge budget proposals, both internally and externally, to support the complete budget process. Take the budget and move it
- To provide analysis/calculation on balance sheet, P&L, budget and forecast, as required.
- To support other Team members in tasks where required & report back to them on progress. Be available to help in other ad hoc tasks or requirements inside or outside of the department depending on need & instruction.
- Continuous Improvement - Be proactive in noticing and implementing changes to improve the tasks of yourself and those in the department. A close eye on improvements that are possible around the whole site should be kept also.
- To provide accurate analysis/reports at month end e.g Reconciliations
- Attend College and work as best as possible to achieve first time passes and excellent feedback. Demonstrate learning from studies in the workplace.
- To be able to close month end e.g., Run Allocations, Settlements, Depreciation, HQ Reporting
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least two A Levels / A2: Grades A - C or equivalent in business, economics, maths or other finance related subjects.
If you have already achieved your AAT qualification, we will put your straight onto the level seven CIMA qualification.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college whilst earning a salary with annual increments at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey whilst also welcoming you into the family that is Siemens Congleton.
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of finance. Think this is you? Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of occasional shift work and overtime as well as travel to other UK Siemens locations and potentially outside the UK. Mostly business travel can be managed around personal commitments.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time