Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our degree apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to the usual university route for ambitious students, especially as you’ll earn a degree whilst also benefitting from relevant and practical hands-on experience and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens, we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and are excited about the prospect of learning new skills, taking on extra responsibilities and acting as if Siemens was your own business.
Our apprenticeship programme lasts for approximately 5 years, during which time you will spend time studying towards your academic qualifications and rotate around the business before specialising in your chosen engineering discipline.
We have one option to join our company as a Global Customer Services Apprentice.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Be the voice of the Customer within the Organisation.
- Manage the dissemination of technical information worldwide.
- Support Siemens Service partners worldwide in the Portfolio technology and issues
- Contribute to the management of Customer Cases escalated through related tools.
- Analyse customer complaints to identify product/process improvements for the future
- Engage with Customer Services / Product Business Unit teams in the region
- Communicate with Service Engineers as HQ representative
- Sell and promote GMC service portfolio via Tech Sales channels
- Analyse and define the regional needs for the current GMC portfolio.
- Conduct Competitor Analysis of existing and future portfolio elements
- Support creating marketing materials for the offering and drive marketing campaigns with Sales & Marketing Team
Your learning journey begins here:
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported. There will be two phases of training to ensure that apprentices meet the Electrical or Electronic Technical Support Apprenticeship standard, in line with specified employer requirements. The foundation phase will be intensive off the job training focused on developing the apprentice's core skills, knowledge, and behaviours.
The development phase will focus on applying the apprentice's on-job vocational competence supported by further guided learning, enabling them to eventually work effectively without the need for supervision. The competencies gained are sufficiently transferable by the end of this development phase for someone to adapt quickly to function effectively after minimal instruction on new equipment and environments or revised working practices whilst, completing an Engineering Degree.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Have a strong Growth Mindset - Resilient in the face of adversity, excited by the prospect of learning new things and motivated to continually stretch and challenge yourself.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about technology and always keen to learn new skills.
- You are organised and happy to be challenged and stretched.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible.
- Be excited by the prospect of working for the Siemens Digital Industries Division, with our product portfolio and in our customers’ industries.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have achieved 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including Mathematics, English and a Science, Technology or Engineering related subject, as well as A Levels at grade C or above in both a Mathematical based subject and a Science, Technology, Engineering or additional Mathematics related subject, or 90+ credits in an Engineering BTEC at level 3.
The benefits of a degree apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school and have your degree paid for all whilst earning a salary and an annual bonus!
- 20% of your normal working hours will be spent studying.
- Apply what you are leaning at college/university in real word environments.
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
- Apprenticeships are funded from contributions made by the government and your employer. This means you will not have any student loans or tuition fees.
- You'll just need to cover the cost of your day-to-day expenses, such as lunch, travel, and accommodation.
- If you're 16 to 24 and a care leaver, you'll receive a £1,000 bursary payment to support you in the first year of your apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship there will be the requirement of overtime as well as travel to Siemens and Customer locations within the UK and potentially travel outside of the UK. For our Field Service roles, this can also be required at short notice.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity in the workplace and is a corporate member of WISE (Women in Science, technology, and Engineering), and a signatory to the WISE Ten Steps campaign.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time