Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Staff Software Engineer.
Our global team:
We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Own, define and develop the test strategy and testability for software solutions.
- Contribute to feature development through use case identification, requirement analysis, software verification procedure development and execution.
- Develop test cases for both requirements and software components/subsystems.
- Formal verification of software requirements and specifications.
- Develop medical applications with emphasis on best-in-class workflow features.
- Reviews relevant requirements, standards, and other documentation to clarify and understand software engineering requirements.
- Understand the business goals and trace to architectural solutions and designs.
- Perform technology and risk assessments and guide the rollout of new technologies to products.
- Provides estimates for modules under development and estimates own work.
- Collaborate with local and remote software teams on components design and feature development.
- Presents technical findings and developments.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have completed studies as MTRA (medical technical radiology assistant, radiographer) or MTA (medical technical assistant) and have at least several years of relevant clinical MR experience as MTRA or application specialist
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to travel and flexibility, including short-term international deployment, is expected
Required skills and Education to be successful in this role
- At least a bachelor’s and preferred a Masters in a Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent field of Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization.
- Excellent understanding of application programming and experience using .NET, WCF, C# and C++ is required.
- Exceptional knowledge and proven experience with Object Oriented design and development.
- Intimate understanding of Agile software lifecycles and sound software engineering practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
“Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.” “It is Siemens Healthineers’ policy to comply fully and completely with all United States export control laws and regulations, including those implemented by the Department of Commerce through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), by the Department of State through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and by the Treasury Department through the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions regulations.”
The pay range for this position is $160-$190k annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is 15% of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatshs.com/index.html
This information is provided per the required state Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Siemens Healthineers external or internal careers site.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.