- Service the assigned site equipment, work at customer sites long term through the life cycle of equipment, take installation work responsibility during the period of installation phase, take the service work and maintain the equipment after handover to customer.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation of proton therapy equipment and ancillary devices, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Installs and upgrades a wide range of company products according to technical documentation and company guidelines to ensure that customer’s equipment operates efficiently.
- Demonstrates to customer equipment operation and specification according to Customer Acceptance Procedure (CAP).
- Instructs customers in operation and basic maintenance of VMS products.
- Works in small teams, and requires a minimum of supervision
- May be required to specialize in specific technical areas and have some level of cross-functional and overall system knowledge.
- Conduct the Acceptance Conditions testing, to ensure that all installation conditions will be met according to schedule and that customers can sign the Acceptance Letters.
- Input detailed records of installation and upgrade work performed into company information systems to ensure accurate updated customer installation information is available to other VMS functions.
- Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness according to VMS guidelines in order to perform activities under the safest working conditions.
- Performs parts inventory and ordering for assigned installation, including replenishing spare parts kit, short shipment and return consigned parts appropriately and in a timely manner per procedure as necessary for each install.
- Maintain technical documentation regarding operating characteristics, design factors, technical performance and development of products to improve installation efficiency.
- Report by means of FSR’s, time sheets, expense reports, etc. regularly to ensure accurate company statistical data on customer-oriented activities is available.
- Advises less experienced Installation Representatives in technical matters.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of and sound professional experience with electronic and electro-mechanical engineering, testing equipment used for verification, checkout and calibration of electronic and/or mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of and professional technical experience with micro-computers/PC based systems
- Customer focused attitude
- Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge
- Sound computer usage and debugging skills
- Sound knowledge of networks and networking techniques
- Sound understanding of imaging systems
- Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility.
- Familiar with business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired
- University degree or above. Graduate degree is desirable.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthineers Ltd.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Full / Part time: Full-time