Create a better tomorrow with us!
At our locations in Nuremberg, Erlangen and Fürth, we develop the SIMATIC automation system in agile teams. Our system concept is one of the key success factors of our automation technology. Our customers appreciate the smooth interaction of our products, and this system concept is safeguarded by the Factory Automation Systems Engineering teams.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated thought leader to support our existing Systems Engineering Teams as System Expert (f/m/d). We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. Take your next career step with us!
What part will you play?
- Sustainable strengthening of the system values, focus on innovative system architecture to enable cross-product customer use cases and the expansion of competitive advantages
- Drive overarching system topics across Factory Automation Segments including interface coordination between FA products, to Division-Level and to partner Business Units
- Define guidelines for documentation and to ensure system conformity
- Derive technical requirements from system strategies for FA products, define overarching architecture and concepts
- Support our cross-functional system teams with architecture expertise and guidance to align their top-level architecture
- Establish and manage a network of System Experts across FA
- Provide technical guidance to drive strategically important system topics
- You have a personal focus on the customer side: you understand customer workflows and the usage of our products to identify innovations and improvements. You are responsible to develop system concepts and designs
- You clearly understand business goals, system requirements and trace to realization
- You understand the needs of our partners and feel comfortable to explain complex workflows to the management
- You actively contribute with your participation to strategic projects, portfolio alignment across the boundaries of different organizations and major innovation initiatives
What you need to make real what matters.
- The basis of your success is a technical degree or comparable knowledge with good business understanding, especially in the Software domain
- You are an experienced software architect, and you know the challenge of leading architecture and development teams
- You have in-depth knowledge in the domains of automation and software for industrial automation, and you are familiar with new technologies like Edge, Cloud, SaaS, IoT and their business models
- You have already worked many years in globally distributed development environments and understand the impact of this development environment on the organization
- You are ready to take over multiple responsibilities and act within our team and across the boundaries of our organization
- You have highly proficient communication skills and build strong relationships with a wide range of partners, management and customers
- Very high proficiency in German and proficient in English
What we offer.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Broad range of wellbeing offerings
- Appealing Siemens pension benefits
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Find more benefits here
Individual benefits are adapted to meet local legal regulations, the requirements of different job profiles, locations, and individual preferences.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time