Engineering Apprentice - Higher Apprenticeship Level 4
About the role
Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Are you passionate about delivering a great customer experience? Do you want to earn whilst you learn?We are looking for an Engineering Manufacture Apprentice at our Sudbury Diagnostics site. This is an opportunity to combine paid on-the-job learning with a Higher Apprenticeship Level 4 in Engineering Manufacture, with a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer.
Here are some things you can expect to do within the role:
- Learn and develop an understanding of key departments within Siemens and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge.
- Understand and demonstrate how to manufacture products
- Support the introduction of all new instruments, processes, and capital equipment.
- Understand and explain how products function.
- Support the introduction of any new process improvements such as digital advances.
- Participate in maintenance and calibration activities
- Understand and demonstrate how to project manage a project to completion
- Understand and demonstrate how to create new procedures for manufacturing processes or validation.
To apply, you will need to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of five GCSEs at A*– C / 9 - 5 (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- An Electrical/Mechanical background would be advantageous
- Demonstrate a strong interest in digitalisation
- Educated to A Level standard C grade or equivalent NVQ/BTEC or HNC
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- A competitive apprenticeship salary with an annual increase during the scheme, as your experience and knowledge grows.
- Support in completing your apprenticeship qualification, alongside a dedicated mentor and buddy within your team.
- A learning programme that will enable you to develop and gain skills.
- 26 days annual holiday.
- Access to our flexible benefits scheme that include private medical insurance, gym memberships and discounted cinema tickets.
- Generous pension contributions.
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme.
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of early career professionals.
If this opportunity sounds like something you could be interested in, please apply today.
Siemens Healthineers pioneers breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.As one of the most innovative and influential players in the MedTech industry, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. We’re proud to have been recognised
Globally, we are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows diverse ideas and inclusive approaches to thrive every day.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-time