Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
We are looking for a motivated, innovative, and driven Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. You will be a pivotal contributor to the success of 2 segments of our business by pushing our organization to continuously increase our value by demonstrating improvement in process, efficiencies, transparency, reducing cost, and increasing profitability. Essential to the success of the Financial Analyst role, you will develop critical metrics that identify areas of improvement, including root cause analysis, implementing solutions, and monitoring progress towards our goals - all while staying within budget!
This dynamic role requires an individual with a desire to be involved in all aspects of the business. Some days will include financial analysis and forecasting, while others will be spent invoicing customers and creating sophisticated pricing models to support the Segment Heads.
What your day-to-day will look like:
1. Create an annual budget and monthly forecast for segments with inputs from business
2. Perform critical trend and variance analyses during the monthly close process and completion of P&L and Balance Sheet Analytics to meet several requirements:
3. Provide initial indications to management regarding financial results for the month, including key drivers
4. Interaction with Business Areas to derive monthly closing commentary and variance drivers
5. Perform account reconciliations for accounts in scope and participate in quarterly audit activities. Maintain and perform critical controls in the area of closing and reconciliation activities.
6. Ability to analyze balance sheet data and forecast critical positions
7. Perform historical and trend analysis on key business components (volume/gross profit, SG&A, cash flow, headcount, etc.)
To thrive in this role, you will have a strong skillset of Digitalization and Automation Tools with a background in Finance. Experience in monthly close activities, budgeting/forecasting, various types of financial analysis is required, and proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Reporting tools such as Tableau or Power BI. Experience with SAP is desired.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
1. Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
2. We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
3. We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
4. We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
5. Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
6. Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
7. Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA, is $85,500 - $158,700 and the annual incentive target is 10% of the base salary
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.