Pioneering in America, from the first mile to the last. This is what drives us.
For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for society, optimize route usage, and create a unique quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. We help our customers move the world every day, hour, and minute.
We seek to hire a Buying Professional within our Customer Services Order Management and Logistics Team. The position will be responsible for the P2P process, order management of a set group of product commodities, and IT equipment purchasing.
You will issue purchase orders to approved suppliers to obtain materials at the lowest cost consistent with quality reliability and urgency of need. You will maintain lead times for custom and standard product orders, manage supplier relationships, and align with our Strategic Procurement team to monitor supplier performance and quality as we negotiate terms and conditions. This position will assist the strategic procurement team in implementing commodity strategies at a tactical level. This position will be seated at McClellan Park (Sacramento), CA, and report to the Buyer Lead.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Complete complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serve as a liaison between vendors (sometimes global) and users.
- Resolve complex delivery, quality, or other related issues with purchases and invoices.
- Contribute to the implementation and ensure the usage of globally defined methods, processes, and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g., compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems).
- Controlling and Performance Goods Receipts/Invoice Receipts (GRIR).
- Update project plans and purchasing systems; review and analyze requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
- Defines, communicates, and tracks scheduling, risk, change, opportunities, and resource management.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with cross-functional team members on project status and SCM tasks.
- Works in conjunction with strategic procurement, supplier quality, and logistics to improve the total cost of ownership of products/services.
- Responsible for order execution and delivery on all IT Equipment purchasing for the Customer Services business division.
- Leverage existing procurement processes and compliance while seeking to identify best management practices, improved procurement processes, and other continuous improvement initiatives to facilitate efficient processes.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in SCM, Economics, Engineering, or Business-related degree preferred. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education and Siemens relevant work experience will be considered,
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment,
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel (VLOOKUP, IF, Pivot tables, etc.) Knowledge,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload,
- Perform job duties with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and raises when necessary.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA, is $57,500 - $106,700.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.