Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
Are you interested in applying innovative technologies and business ideas to real-world industrial problems? Then this is the perfect job for you!
We are an innovation department within Siemens Factory Automation. We are responsible to drive customer-centric, evidence-based innovations and develop the Siemens products of the future. To this end, we combine excellent knowledge in cutting edge technology with a passion to understand customer problems and industrial markets. We create technology with purpose to support our customers in tackling their most pressing challenges of today and tomorrow.
You are passionate for innovation, you love learning about new technologies and concepts, and you are enthusiastic about automation and tech. As part of our Technology Management team, you will play a meaningful role in our innovation efforts. You will identify and evaluate relevant new technologies. You will drive scouting efforts and create strategic impulses. You will work together with our colleagues in the field of research, R&D and Sales. Your focus areas will include trend and technology scouting in cross industry and automation. In addition, you will build partnering opportunities, maintain and develop close relationships with our R&D & technology departments for accelerating technology transfer.
What part will you play?
- In your new role you actively identify, analyze, and support the evaluation of global technology trends for factory automation
- You validate together with the team technology trends and provide recommendations for action to internal partners (e.g., product management, product development, and tech teams)
- You build regular reporting and present the tech trend results to our management
- Networking and Stakeholder-Management is your daily business.
- You are communicating the results from the PoCs (Proof of Concepts) at trade fairs to demonstrate thought leadership
- on technology-related matters within your area of expertise
- You participate in technology conferences and other industry events to network and stay informed about the latest trends and developments
- Furthermore, you support in the transfer of technology proof of concept projects and minimum viable products together with our experts toward our product development departments
What you need to make real what matters.
· You have a Master’s degree in computer science or an equivalent education in a technical field, e.g., computer science, mathematics or data engineering
- Deep expertise in a technology-related field, such as industrial automation, industrial communication, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, IoT or data management
- You are open to challenge yourself and your assumptions constantly and proactively to learn every day and adapt ideas naturally
- You have at least first years of experience in project management and/or management consulting, preferably in the areas of innovation, product management, technology management
- You have experience in the analysis and evaluation of technological innovations, including evaluation of Start-Ups and Intellectual Property Expertise in technology scouting, innovation methods and tools
- Proficient in written and verbal English communication as you will be engaging with top talent in the organization and dealing with senior partner management. German language skills are a plus.
- You are willing to dive deep to understand every facet of a customer problem and to push innovations that address the relevant facets. (Design thinking)
If you want to impact the world around you, bit by bit, we would like to
get to know you better.
What we offer.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time