Next to being a very strong controller, you are ready to discover the world. Because we are a Center of Competence for the automation of harbor cranes, we work globally and are in contact with other Siemens companies and customers from all over the world. Are you passionate about financial and commercial topics, have work experience in supervising and controlling the financial aspects of projects and want to work for a large international tech company? If so, read on - we would like to get in touch with you!
Our ideal candidate is a true team player who is driven by the goal to exploit your full potential. You strive for success through professional collaboration and focus closely on project goals. You are honest, commercially-minded, enterprising and have an eye for detail as well as strong communication skills.
Join us! Create a better tomorrow with us. This Is Your Role.
As Controller in our Cranes department your main focus is on all financial and contractual issues during the proposal phase. You are primarily part of the quotation team that is responsible for producing a good quotation. As an international player in the Cranes business you are in the lead of finding different ways of collaboration with other Siemens entities and customers around the world, taking into account the country specific tax rules, laws and regulations. You don’t need to know everything, we do have a team of tax and legal experts to consult.
During the realization of projects you will be part of the project team and together with the project manager you will ensure that the project objectives are met.
Day to day business:
- During the quotation phase, contribute to the preparation of an estimate and the quotation.
- Advise the sales team in relevant business models to avoid tax issues.
- As part of a team, review and negotiate contracts with partners, suppliers and customers.
- Coordinating supporting processes (insurance, credit check, taxes).
In addition, 25% of your time you will also be involved in the execution of these projects.
Hereby your activities mainly consist of:
- Financial and contractual management during the realization of the projects.
- Supporting the Risk & Claim strategy.
- Displaying correct and timely management information in order to make timely adjustments.
- Preparing Forecast/budget information with regards to the projects.
- Calculating, negotiating and supervising changes.
The Controller for Projects/Sales works within Digital Industries Cranes, in a team of 8 colleagues in business administration and controlling. This business unit takes care of the supply, engineering and commissioning of electrical packages for harbor cranes all over the world. We are the center of competence for cranes, working narrowly with our headquarters in Germany and other Siemens entities worldwide.
Siemens is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We use lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. Communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. Recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. In detail:
- Salary based on background/experience plus a fixed 13th month.
- Exciting projects with phenomenal customers.
- Informal atmosphere, health budget, buddy, membership of YoungSiemens and Siemens Shares program.
- 40 days’ leave per annum and working arrangements based on the New Working Model.
- Be part of a strong global brand and create an extensive international network.
- Completed a bachelor or higher vocational degree in Business Administration/ Economics.
- 0-3 year working experience Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Insight into SAP R/3, MS Office, ICFR
- Experience working in a sophisticated work environment.
- Experience in risk, claim and contract management is a plus.
- You have a critical thinker, enterprising, is not afraid to speak up and is self-confident.
We don’t need superheroes, but super minds - We're looking for you!
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we want to meet you! If you have any questions, please call Sabrine Buitendijk, P&O at +316 - 13585982.
Within Siemens diversity is important. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Screening and an online assessment form part of the application process.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Either