We are currently looking for a dedicated and well organised Senior Mechanical Engineer, with a passion for delivering new products in a dynamic environment to join our Siemens Mobility MRX team. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for current and future technology innovations from Siemens products within the Hardware Engineering Team. As part of the Engineering team based in our Belmont office, you will be a key member in the Engineering team, working collaboratively to craft and work towards cutting edge product solutions.
This is your role, what part will you play?
- Responsible for design, implementation, prototyping and testing for all mechanical design and development
- You will be crafting new product solutions, generate new design concepts, communicate principles effectively and evaluate the feasibility prior to design
- You will report to the Head of Hardware Engineering, and work alongside a hardworking and multi-disciplinary team
- You have tertiary/relevant education in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- You have 5-10 years’ experience in a product design environment, preferably related to production of equipment to withstand railway or mining operational environment
- A desire to mentor, train, and lead Graduate engineers, and obtain excellent communication skills
- Experience with current manufacturing technologies, such as sheet metal, fabrication and machining
- Experience with application of mechanical calculations: thermal, vibration, static, and/or dynamic stress analysis. From first principles as well as the use of CAD packages including Inventor or ANSYS
- Organise and lead collaborative reviews around risk, concept, and detailed design, etc.
- Experience with physical testing: shock, vibration, IP, thermal
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive, and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time