Purpose of the role:
To coordinate and manage quotation requests for low and medium voltage switchgear for the EIS Sales team and channel partners. This resource will be responsible for triaging and delegating requests as well as providing a technically accurate and comprehensive quotation in response to the opportunities presented by the team. This role will report to the Area Sales Manager, however, there will also be a dotted line to the Sales Support Manager who will take lead on providing overall direction for the role, streamlining of processes, training and development needs and tools and resources to support success and productivity.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Triage/Manage Bid Requests within assigned team including directing to distribution or other business
resources as appropriate
• Lead team bid meetings – determine bid strategies for key projects, facilitate meetings and work with team to update opportunities in Sales Force
• Monitor and track relevant bid opportunities with follow up
• Must review plans and drawings to accurately determine equipment required for projects
• Review and understand specifications for each project to ensure accurate equipment bids
• Create opportunities within Sales Force for bids and manage assigned teams bid list including internal and external communication.
• Utilize internal quotation software to properly select equipment required for bid, engage technical review and pricing processes
• Work with team and internal guidelines to ensure accurate pricing on all projects
• Understand local electrical codes and requirements in covered territories and apply to equipment selection for accurate bids
• Coordinate and review addendums and complete bids on time
• Review RFP - address non-standard terms, solicit buyout content through MAP, coordinate specialized
material through appropriate bid team portals
• Strive to bid defined volume in opportunities each year dependent upon assigned team members
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience level: Entry to Mid-level Professional. Full time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A combination of education and directly related work experience will also be considered in lieu of a BS degree.
• Demonstrates problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, and ability to learn on the fly.
• Superior skills in attention to detail and managing priorities within strict timelines.
• Strong relationship management skills and capable of establishing respect and credibility through actions, communications, understanding and personal presence.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Proposal creation/bid coordinator or estimating experience preferred.
• Knowledge of low/medium voltage products preferred.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flextime off.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.