We make real what matters
Siemens makes buildings and cities smarter and supplies people with environmentally-friendly energy. We work hand in hand with artificial intelligence and move people from A to B safely. New challenges present themselves every day – and hereby the chance to face them. Join our team of about
303 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Smart Infrastructure's Energy & Performance Service (EPS) is dedicated to sustainability, energy efficiency and distributed energy solutions that help customers on their decarbonisation journey. As an infrastructure partner, we cater to various market verticals across Europe, Africa and the Middle East (EMEA Region), with a presence in around 14 countries. Our solutions cover battery storage, combined cooling/heat/power, demand flow, Enlighted, hydrogen, solar PVs, ventilation, monitoring and control, and digital services.
As a senior commercial project manager, you will manage the financial and commercial aspects of local and international RSS EPS EMEA contracts. You will work with the BID and Project Execution management teams to execute projects within Siemens guidelines, ensuring customer satisfaction and continuously improving contract profitability. Your responsibilities will include detailed financial analysis, contract reviews, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting. You will also be responsible for ensuring standards and lessons learned are implemented for projects in other countries with the same enterprise customer.
What are my responsibilites?
- Implement and manage standard policies, processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with LoA guidelines.
- Ensure the accuracy of project books and records, including recording them in appropriate systems such as SAP, ensuring compliance with Siemens-FRG, local GAAP requirements, and international and local contracts.
- Coordinate project reporting and control activities in contracts/projects within your area of responsibility.
- Ensure financial results align with set targets, optimising project gross profit, cash flow, assets and financing instruments.
- Actively communicate with customers' commercial representatives and help solve commercial/finance issues.
- Identify, evaluate and assess risks and opportunities, strategies and response activities, taking full responsibility for all commercial risks and opportunities.
- Act as a finance partner to bid managers and project managers within your area of responsibility.
- At least 6 years’ experience as a CPM/WPC and C certified in Siemens, (B is a plus)
- International commercial project management and finance experience
- International mobility within an agreed framework
- Siemens business processes, policies and procedures knowledge
- Project planning, structuring and risk management
- Calculation methods/finance models/forecasting/project control (including customs, logistics and export control)/claim and contract management
- Accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP), tax, insurance, permanent establishment, NCM, hedge
- Leadership, teamwork, collaboration skills, good communication and negotiation skills
- Experience handling BA tools (e.g., Spiridon, OneSRM, GREAT, EPIQ, PM@Siemens, etc.)
- Experience working in a multicultural team
- Full professional proficiency in English, a second language is a plus
- Experience in corporate functions and different business units
- Commercial experience in different markets (e.g., Americas, Europe, Asia, etc.)
- Proven experience in performance control, sales and project execution
- Former participation in company talent programmes is a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland. There are plenty of reasons for this, not least the exciting and in-depth insights into practical work, flexible working models providing the ideal combination of study, work and leisure, relevant networking and a host of entry opportunities at home and abroad. Get a first impression of your new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Homepage Siemens as an employer
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time