The time to change is now!
It is time to build a sustainable future and define how we evolve through technology with purpose.
At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the business digital transition, from Portugal to the world, and IT solutions with purpose. Our team has more than 1300 experts working in areas such as Analytics & Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Strategy & User Experience.
Lisbon Tech Hub innovates, designs, transforms the information technology solutions and services for Siemens through our delivery units.
Transforming our future starts with every day!
Lisbon Tech Hub is the home of the new technologists - Dream Builders, Impact Creators & Future Makers.
Are you one of them? Join us!
What role will you play?
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Technology works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. Technology conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. Technology also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
Siemens Technology develops the next generation technology for Integrated Circuits and Electronics applications and digital platforms. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. We are looking for a dedicated individual that wants to be part of the team that re-defines how smart grid technologies are developed and used. You will work closely with other software and hardware engineers in a start-up type environment backed up by the substantial resources of a large-scale company.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Drive research in the area of advanced field devices
- Design and implement low-level software for embedded systems
- Optimize performance and enhance stability of system resources
- Design software architectures in compliance with common design patterns and develop new concepts
- Drive entire development process from concept to delivery, autonomously or in a team together with our customers
- Evaluate and integrate third party software components (open-source, commercial)
- Engage in requirement engineering, evaluate feasibility and derive specifications
- Plan, commission, test, and debug IoT devices in laboratory or productive environment
- Drive high quality and technical excellence of our deliveries
- Learn continuously and share with others
What we offer.
- Good balance between industrial and research projects to advance your academic career
- Excellent technical infrastructure to keep up with the latest technologies
- Optional delegation to other countries (e.g. Germany) as an offer to work closely with other developers
- Be a part of our Siemens Technology's research and pre-development team to drive innovations
We are looking for:
- You have successfully completed your master’s degree and/or PhD’s in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics or engineering sciences.
- Experience in hardware-related programming of real-time operating systems (freeRTOS, Zephyr,…) on microprocessors (Arm Cortex, RISC-V, ESP)
- Excellent knowledge of coding techniques, low-level interfaces (SPI, I2C, UART, RS-232, RS-485), protocols and hardware peripherals
- Familiar with compilers (GCC), build systems (Make, CMake) and version control systems (GIT, SVN,…)
- Communication skills and readiness to work in a team as well as autonomously
- Excellent knowledge of system programming language such as C, C++ or RUST
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies as well as continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to read and understand electronic and mechanic schematics
- Very good English skills
What makes us proud as an employer:
- The Biggest of Tech Portugal -Technology Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão Magazines)
- Top Companies to work in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
- Healthy Workplaces Award - 3rd large corporations (Awarded by Portuguese Psychologists’ Association)
- Most ESG responsible company in Tech/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
- 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, biggest portuguese tech community platform)
We are thrilled to have:
A hybrid working model with a flexible working hours policy in order to promote work life balance. A budget for setting up a home office, health insurance, possibility to have a sabbatical leave or non-paid time off and a financial support program for your studies.
You also have a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
To all these benefits we add the possibility to work in a fresh, relaxed, and always motivated environment
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time