Patent Search Analyst
- Providing search and analysis in various stages of the IP and R&D lifecycle from a concept level to a commercialization level particularly in the technology area of Digitalization, Electrification and Automation, especially software.
- As a Patent Search Professional, be responsible for handling and delivering a diversified work product to the Siemens Local and foreign Business and Technology units. handling different search projects such as Novelty searches, Invalidity searches, State of art searches, Freedom to operate searches, Strategic IP landscape searches, Claim chart preparation, infringement identification, Business IP intelligence searches.
- Search projects must be carried out using in inhouse and licensed patent tools and databases
- Exploring and identifying new AI based tools in the market and integrate it into the business process
- Extremely passionate and curious to proactively participate in discussions, brain storming sessions for providing IP search and analytics support along the entire IP lifecycle process and value-based IP creation in collaboration with the IP Professional
- Flexible enough to handle demanding workloads and deadlines when necessary
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor/Master’s degree from a recognized university in Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Robotics, Electronics, and Instrumentation, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working in a law firm or inhouse IP department and shall have knowledge of patent search and analysis in the global jurisdictions
- Must have 8 to 12 years’ experience in searching and analyzing patent applications/concepts in diversified technology areas especially in the field of Digitalization, Electrification and Automation, mostly software
- You must be fluent in using licensed tools like Patbase, AcclaimIP, Orbit Intelligence, etc.
- Ability to ask technical questions to inventors/researchers
- You must be a team player and have a knack for learning new concepts quickly
- Ability to quickly grasp inventions from summaries provided by IP professionals
- Ability to analyze and summarize patent applications quickly and provide insights to the IP Professionals
- You must have good writing and communication skills
We have got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- This role is in Bangalore, where you will get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities countries – and the craft of things to come.
- We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time