Siemens is looking to fill a permanent position for a Software Architect within a fast-paced international development team.
Key contributor in the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software used in industrial control. The architect will work in an agile development environment and be a technical leader within a team focused on designing and delivering effective and robust software solutions for Siemens’ customers.
The architect will work with both domestic and international stakeholders, which may directly include product owners, managers, and architects. They must be proficient in problem solving, learning, and teaching new technologies when needed. They must be driven to make progress and help others make progress in the face of uncertainty.
- Experience in team and project leadership.
- Knowledge and experience with different software design patterns.
- Mentoring junior engineers to develop both technically and professionally
- Design, implementation, and testing of software in an agile environment
- Native Windows and Linux application development
- C++ and C#, with willingness to learn.
- Containerization technologies (i.e., Docker)
- Complex customer requirements to propose and estimate technical solutions
- Analyze complex technical problems and provide solutions
- Analyze complex technical problems and break them down to delegate to junior team members
- SIMATIC microcontrollers and their related engineering systems (nice to have)
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) technologies and best practices
- Education: BS in Computer Science (or related) degree or higher
- 10 plus year of hands on proficiency as a software architect
- 10 plus year of hands on proficiency with C# (C++ or Java)
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail; self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.