Act as part of a Professional Services team, work productively with Consultants, Architects, Project Managers, and other internal & external interfaces to ensure that the customer succeeds in their objectives. As an Infrastructure Architect resource, responsible for the translation of business requirements into specific process aligned infrastructure designs for the Siemens DI Software solution based best practices in the subject area, in order for the Siemens DI Software solution to deliver market leading solutions and provide value to the customer. In line with project processes and messaging, interact with the customer to support the management of customer expectations and support customer adoption by leveraging the complete Siemens Delivery framework.
Act as infrastructure consultant to strategic Sales/PreSales pursuits and Services projects, providing guidance through the complexity of Infrastructure architecture options and the long-term roadmap for the solution. Act as the authority on infrastructure architectural design to address business problems. Provides direction for infrastructure design, sizing, security recommendations, database, Operating system, and network recommendations, system monitoring, and performance optimization internally or at customer sites. Consults on strategic and/or complex Enterprise projects at country level, of diverse scope that require specialist expertise and high levels of technical leadership.
Works under self management within project and/ or task constraints and will determine solutions, methods and procedures on assignments/projects. Leverage relevant templates in the deployment of project solutions in own specialist area, and contribute to best practices and templates.
Customer Engagement & Relationship Management:
- Establish, build and maintain effective relationships with internal or external customers technical peers and build new relationships through networking within the customer and other involved parties to support effective delivery
- Set and manage stakeholders' expectations, demonstrating thought leadership to effectively influence key contacts and recommend solutions.
- In conjunction with the senior project leadership and account team, apply stakeholder management methods to support successful adoption of a viable DI solution
- Provide information and feedback to internal or external customers in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner, as required by defined project activities, ensuring that key messages are communicated effectively
- Be able to communicate effectively up to CxO level and to build understanding of the DI solution for the customer, its drivers, value and impact in order to position and sell the strategic vision and identify future opportunities for solution expansion.
- Understand the context of the customer project, its contract type, key deliverables and the engagement model.
- Lead the application of Solution Definition, Systems Architecture, and Solution Enablement elements DI Deployment Framework on project
- Understand the purpose of the project, its work breakdown and its relationship to the overall internal or external customers solution
- Contribute to estimation of time frames, workpackage breakdown, capability definitions and quantity of resources estimates required to successfully implement the project
- Provide accurate and timely information to project management team, reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Contribute to the generation of relevant level of project support documentation in line with Siemens or customer Project Management Methodology as required
- Maintain project documentation for required standards, processes, and policies related to infrastructure solution delivery
- Contribute to quality and phase gate reviews as required.
- Contribute to the review of technical implementation experiences with project delivery team, capturing and sharing lessons learnt as part of the project review and close activities
- Effectively apply project change management rules to the project
- Work closely with project management to ensure architectural alignment with project goals and requirements and ensure deliveries progress alignment with plans.
- Keep service managers aware of key customer infrastructure issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
- Work with the appropriate Security compliance officers to ensure the regulations, policies, procedures and controls are followed per the in-country laws for the cloud service offerings.
- Use the SDI Delivery Framework with corresponding templates and propagate them throughout the project team to optimize project execution
- Ensure the conceptual completeness of the technical solution.
- Support “User Acceptance Testing activity” in order to confirm relevant non-functional requirements have been met with the final solution and close requirements traceability.
- Execute Deployment readiness review to ensure all infrastructure items are completed and setting properly configured.
- Support the deployment of high risk multi-domain infrastructure solutions for strategic or highly complex customer solutions
- Collaborate with Product Development and Testing teams to work on typical Performance and Security compliance use cases as applicable to various Customers
- Coordinate architecture implementation and modification activities
- Implement system monitoring solutions into customer environments
- Provide advice and strategies for appropriate go live and post production adoption activities utilizing SDI Best Practices and supported by OCM principles for system monitoring and baseline testing
- Assist in post-implementation continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality.
- 8-10 years experience,supporting a customer Production instance
- Strong hands-on AWS setup and administrations skills are mandatory (EC2, VPC, Load balancers, VPN , RDS , S3 , Lambda knowledge is must)
- Linux / Windows system administration knowledge is must. RHCE certified recommended.
- Active directory/LDAP & SSO administration.
- Understanding of Cloud VPN knowledge is must
- Automation tools knowledge like Terraform, Ansible preferred.
- Scripting knowledge is preferred as well.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time