Production Technician - Tool Crib and Calibration Attendant
Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. See links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
As a Tool Crib & Calibration Technician you will support a broad range of activities in a dynamic, high energy tool crib team supporting operations with indirect materials such as consumables and bulk purchases. The primary responsibility is to be a main point of contact to calibrate hand tools and track the calibrated due dates and plan to send some tools to the vendors to be calibrated.
Full time position
$ 22.29- $26.00 per hour
Overtime when available
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Performs tasks that require knowledge of a combination of processes, procedures, operation and equipment.
- Duties may consist of, but not limited to, cycle counting of material in Buildings 2 and 4.
- Maintaining tool crib operation, distributing tools as needed, consumables and hand tools inventory and stock keeping tasks, preparing returns to vendors, identifying ordering points and placing purchase requisitions as needed.
- Works with vendors as needed.
- Supports safety program through various activities including maintenance of tooling, equipment and stocking personal
- Utilizes small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet handlers, hand trucks, and the like.
- Uses computer programs to maintain accurate material flow, calibration, hand tools and consumables related information.
- · Provide notification to appropriate personnel to re-order of material.
What you need to be successful
- 2-4 years of prior experience with tool calibration and stock room operations with forklift experience.
- Valid California driver's license.
- Basic English skills – ability to read and understand written instructions and effectively communicate verbally.
- High school education or GED
- Data entry and basic computer experience.
We would be impressed if you have
- Experience with repairing or calibrating hand tools is desirable.
- 2 years of technical training or an associate degree.
- Familiarity with inventory and purchasing
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently required to climb, such as, but not limited to stairs, steps, and ladders.
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Performs work overhead.
- Talk and hear.
- Lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The hourly range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $ 22.29- $26.00
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.