Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and authoritative specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation - everything out of one hand!
What part will you play?
In the subsegment head role, you will collaborate with the segment head and business partners to make decisions for strategic and operational activities and arrive at business line goals. You will drive planning and monitoring of businesses to achieve delivery excellence, including quality excellence and operational excellence.
Responsible for establishing deep integration of core R&D teams with business partners in headquarters to drive innovation, product development activities with an alignment to global expectations.
Responsible for developing the budgetary plans for business line and continuously analyze operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when required.
Join our Advanta Development team and craft the future with us.
· Focus areas include but not limited to strategic engagement with partners, innovation management, people development, process management, etc. to shape the business line ownership for the current and futuristic directions.
· Software R&D in the areas of Products and Solutions for Electrification & Automation (EA) in Smart Grids and Infrastructure (SGI) segment of ADV D India,
· Responsible for strategic leadership focus to drive and deliver effective development center based out of India
· Align and drive R&D focus on product lines with Product portfolio owners in the Smart Infrastructure EA business lines in the Siemens AG HQ
· Focus on Power Protection, Substation Automation including digitalization, IoT and data driven businesses in this domain.
· Customer relationship management with relevant customer representatives on an operational / project level
· Drive SW Excellence in Innovation, Quality and End-to-End ownership
· Lead, develop and motivate a group of dedicated qualified employees and professionals to achieve the targets
· Strategic workforce planning, performance management of teams to enable a world class people experience
· Ensure effective recruitment of talent, career development and proficiency building of employees
· Plan and monitor the running of business operations to ensure delivery excellence and operate from planned costs perspective
Use your skills to move the world forward!
· 15+ years experience in leading SW development business lines driving large business lines for SW delivery
· Technology Competence and Flair for Technological Leadership Focus
· 10+ years Leadership experience in People Management Practices of having managed at least 50+ people
· 5+ years of SW development experiences
· Rich experience of AGILE/Scrum, culture/principles and practices
· Experience in various R&D and management functions
· International experience with global projects and collaboration with intercultural team is a must
· Smart Grids, Power protection and automation domain knowledge is highly preferred
· Determined and structured working method, innovative and entrepreneurial way of thinking
· Demonstrated Leadership styles with strong interpersonal skill
· Ability to influence & communicate with cross functional teams to accomplish goals
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries - and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time