Siemens Logistics GmbH is a fully owned subsidiary of Siemens AG. Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative and high-performance solutions for airport logistics. The portfolio includes products and solutions for baggage and cargo handling, high-end software for the digitalization of logistics processes as well as an extensive range of maintenance and services.
Siemens Logistics is represented worldwide through its regional companies and active in more than 60 countries.
Siemens Logistics customers include many top passenger airports worldwide, serving more than a quarter of all global passengers. With the capability to support all airport end-to-end operational and functional processes, the company offers a comprehensive portfolio for airlines and airports to deal with the challenges of today and tomorrow.
Area of Responsibilities/Tasks:
- Lead Engineer for PLC Controls, Automation
- Responsible to Test and Commissioning PLC’s Software according to the functionality requirements.
- Prepare documentation and training courses for system operators.
- Collaborate with engineering department.
- Work in office to develop the system and upload the software in the plant.
- An essential knowledge of Siemens S7 product family: S7 1500 PLCs s is essential with an understanding of SCADA system (WinCC)
- Good Knowledge of Simatic STEP7 TIA-Portal (SCL, AWL, FUP). Candidate with less experience will also be considered.
- Good Knowledge of S7-1500.
- Experience in working in an Airport Baggage System environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Good people skills
- Can work on own initiative and within a team.
- Essential qualities include reliability, motivation, a mature attitude and good work ethic.
- Initiative in continuous improvement of project
- Consistent monitoring of SLAs and implement improvement measures.
- Troubleshooting system errors
- Documenting development processes
Required Experiences Qualifications:
- Experience in design, device selection, installation, commissioning, and testing of small, mid, and big-size automation systems
- Experience in PLC Step7 software programming
- Knowledge of Siemens PLCs and associated products
- Knowledge of control panel components and drives
- Knowledge of SCADA, and plant visualization systems
- Knowledge of implementing and following standard Operation and maintenance procedures
- Experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC systems.
- Experience in Baggage or other Material Handling Systems is an advantage.
- Well-familiar with local and international Standards
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Good presentation, leadership, and team-building skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering or Electronics Engineering or similar field.
- Formal training and certification on programming and system trouble shooting and support by the PLC OEM.
- At least three (3) years' solid experience in the PLC control system on programming support and system trouble shooting.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Pte. Ltd. / PE Malaysia
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time