Sykatec GmbH has about 600 employees in two production facilities (Sibiu and Erlangen, Germany) and is one of the leading companies in innovative metal manufacturing for industry and the railway sector. We are producing single parts and prototypes as a onetime order or setting up a serial production in a very strong systematic relationship.
The portfolio of our products includes form cables for small machines or big engines and converters; punched, laser cut and bended metal sheets out of copper, aluminum or steel; complete welded assemblies with a length of up to 5m; coated surfaces of singles parts and also the welded assemblies.
Sykatec is a supplier of sophisticated welded containers with very high-quality requirements. The unique selling point of the company is the manufacturing of light weight containers with sheet metal thicknesses of 1 mm to 3 mm without reworking them by a milling machine at the end.
We are looking for a relationship builder with strong negotiations skills Buyer to join our Purchasing team.
The responsibilities of our future colleague, as a Buyer, include conducting market research, building a network of vendors and service providers, negotiating the best contracts and meet with potential clients.
- Carry out purchasing activities and acts as an expert in purchasing direct and indirect materials.
- Identify of potential suppliers on the local market.
- Process and analyze of offers. Select suppliers of materials and services in accordance with our procedures and needs.
- Establish purchase contracts with suppliers of materials and services. Maintain the database of vendor contracts and manage contract renewals on a timely basis.
- Maintain good cooperation with internal clients.
- Propose cost reduction measures, ensuring the efficiency and compliance of the processes.
Essential Qualifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Supply Chain Management / Purchasing.
- 3 years of experience in procurement, contract management, supplier management.
- Technical flair and understanding of product drawings.
- Good negotiation skills, with experience in global sourcing.
- Knowledge of MS Office and SAP.
- Align, and collaborating well with local functions like Quality, Production, Logistics, Engineering, and other functions from Germany HQ.
- Fluent in English language, German would be an advantage.
Siemens Sykatec, str. Barcelona, Sibiu, Romania, 550018
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SIMEA SIBIU S.R.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time