*This is an individual contributor role managing projects
*This is a hybrid remote opportunity.
*The ideal candidate will be required to report to the office three days per week and must be located in the greater Houston area.
The Finance Project
Manager/Controller is responsible for commercial aspects of projects, ensuring project
profitability in during project execution phase, by continuously monitoring and
reporting financial status of customer contracts, identifying risks and
opportunities and anticipating requirements for additional change orders, time
extensions and similar matters that may affect planned results. In this role,
the successful candidate will be tasked with monitoring, reporting and offering
suggestions for improving the overall financial health of their responsible
projects. Candidates should be able to analyze key figures and interpret
contract language as well as maintain strong relations with operations
counterparts to ensure consistency and accuracy in monthly financial reporting
and forecasting. Candidates will be required to use and comprehend POC
Revenue Recognition. Due to the fast-paced nature of the work, the candidate
must be able to handle multiple projects at once with minimal supervision,
while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
In addition to project controlling, team members will also be responsible for completing several monthly reports including but not limited to financial forecasts and variance analyses, labor review and statistics, customer billing & journal entry transfers, annual budgeting and planning support as well as Ad Hoc management requests. We also provide decision support and conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues including Risk and Opportunity identification, escalation and billing and Non-Conformance reporting. In this role, the candidate will work with cross functional teams and will be expected to work well in a team oriented professional environment. Analysts will gain valuable experiences in this position, which offers significant responsibility and interaction with senior management. We seek a well-rounded individual with excellent data analysis skills who will be a key contributor and is looking for an opportunity to grow their career within Siemens.
This position will be part of the finance team for the Measurement and Intelligence, GCI Sub- Segment located in Houston, TX
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monthly revenue and GM forecasting on assigned projects
- Monthly review and analysis of Budget vs. EAC’s per Project.
- Support Project Managers to ensure Project Quality based on PM @Siemens Guidelines and achievement of project goals (Revenue, Margin, SG&A, etc.). Ensure quality on all commercial and administrational project quality policies as per PM @ Siemens and Siemens guidelines.
- Forecasting of project revenue based on the type of project and project schedule
- Entering sales orders and projects into SAP
- Managing project logistics, domestic and international (creating transport documentation, customer duties, export licenses and Export compliance documentation)
- Cash flow analysis
- Customer billing and collection
- Coordinating other contractual requirements (e.g., performance guarantees, insurance, taxes)
- Creates Monthly Reporting package for PM and / or management
- Supports financial closings as well as financial reporting as required
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements
- Ability to work a large number of midsize projects and prioritize.
- Ability to interpret and execute contract (customer and supplier) terms and conditions.
In addition to the above, recommends policies and practices related to contractual elements of proposals. Ensures that contracts are in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications and government regulations. Completes project cost calculations and status reports in cooperation with Project Team. Performs Project Review process. Continuously monitors and reports financial status of customer contracts. Identifies complex issues and anticipates requirements for additional change orders, time extensions, and similar matters that may affect plan results.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
*This is an individual contributor role managing projects
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required
- Proficient in Accounting policies and PM guidelines.
- Advance Excel Skills required (V-lookups, Pivot tables, Sum if Formula’s)
- SAP FI/CO, PS and SO or an equivalent ERP system, experience required.
- 5+ years of progressive experience required, 8+ years preferred in Cost Accounting/Budgeting and Project Controlling
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CPA / MBA is a plus
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Additional certifications such as Siemens CPM Certification or PMP Certification will be required to be obtained within the first 12 months
- Tableau and Dashboards experience is a plus
- Be able to provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret contract language to ensure proper financial treatment
- Ability to partner with technical counterparts to drive decisions in a fast-moving environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to convert large volumes of data into actionable information
- Strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and financial modeling skills
- Deep appreciation for sound finance processes and ability to identify, develop, and drive operational improvements
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and address competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.