Position Title: Production Supervisor – Russelectric, A Siemens Company, Hingham, MA
Location: Hingham, MA
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
Siemens Industry is looking for a Production Supervisor for our Hingham, MA factory. Our growing facility has over 200 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order Automatic Transfer Switches. The Production Supervisor is the key driver of all daily production related processes and the hub of information transfer between the hourly assembly workforce and Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Purchasing and Planning. This person will have roughly 20 direct reports spread between multiple departments and will report directly to the Focus Factory Manager.
Your expertise will help this manufacturing organization improve their ability to make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Ensure safety is priority for team members on the production floor by adhering to safety protocols
- Drive efforts and initiatives to reduce production errors, improve product quality and increase
- Adhere to production schedule by establishing priorities, assigning personnel to work areas, monitoring progress, making personnel/priority adjustments, resolving constraint problems, and reporting results through a shift production summary
- Work closely with purchasing, planning and warehouse teams to ensure material availability and schedule adherence
- Support performance measurement and documentation of manufacturing processes
- Drive continuous improvement projects
- Plan, develop and oversee necessary on the job training for all team members
- Manage performance by providing frequent feedback and coaching to team members to achieve plan goals.
- Manage all time and attendance tracking and reporting
- Champion an environment of collaboration and focus on achieving results within the team and across peer groups
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. 3+ years of successful experience in an Assembly/Manufacturing or related field in a supervisor role.
2. Experience with multiple manufacturing disciplines.
3. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
4. Ability to work non-standard work hours and weekends.
5. Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
6. Able to interpret or learn to interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
7. Strong leadership and time management experience.
8. Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, talent development and performance management.
9. Experience collaborating and team building with different internal organizations and locations.
10. Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
11. Proficient with Microsoft office products.
12. This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
13.Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.