Site Installation Engineer (Civil)
Ahmedabad | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Complete responsibilities of civil construction at site and thus being able to deliver the civil package within specified time, cost, quality and safety in consent with the project manager and in accordance with the requirements set out in the contract.
- To actively coordinate interfaces between the various interface partners from civil perspective (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Vendor, Other contractors – Civil, Electrical, Depot, MEP etc. as required).
- Plans, prepares and coordinates technical projects according to the Project Management (PM) standards defined, throughout all stages of the Q-gate process.
- Coordinate and monitor preparation, submission and approval of design along with nominated design engineer.
- Ensuring economic success and customer satisfaction for identified packages.
- Representing Siemens at Site in front of customer/consultant/engineer representatives, EIG, statutory bodies and interface partners with respect to civil works.
- Prepare requirement plan/forecast of manpower, material and machinery for executing civil works as per project timelines and follow up with civil contractor for manpower, material and machinery.
- Ensure statutory compliances for manpower and machinery deployed by civil sub contractor.
- Participation in negotiations with subcontractors (if required) and suppliers together with SCM and Project Manager etc.
- Comply with the Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. occupational health and safety and environmental protection)
- Control the work packages and report the status to the project management
- Identify any non-conformities in good time, identify the cause of problems and resolve them (where applicable in consent with the project manager)
- Material handling, store management and project security
- Working under power and traffic blocks (as applicable).
- Section energization with full safety and norms(as applicable).
- Closing punch list items.
- Handover of system/section (as applicable).
- Site Quality audit along with Project Manager and Qmip.
- TBT, LMRA and site walk along with Project Manager and EHSMip.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience with 5 years of work experience in similar construction works (substation building, substation equipment foundations, OHE mast foundation etc.).
- Graduation or Diploma in civil Engineering.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Ahmedabad. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time