The Service Manager is responsible for one or more of internal services in Siemens Healthineers’ IT organization.
The Service Manager role has overall responsibility of defining the service, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with agreed business requirements, and managing the service lifecycle and other internal and external IT & business stakeholders.
The Service Manager is the champion, across SHS IT for the delivery of services, playing a key role in driving their development and delivery, financial and operational considerations, to maximize the impact and value for money for SHS IT and internal customers. The post-holder is responsible and accountable for ensuring that the services portfolio meets customer and business requirements.
The Service Manager has the following responsibilities:
• Work with internal & external stakeholders in IT, vendors & business to collaboratively develop and drive the strategy & roadmap for the services in scope. Understands service requirements, components and setup to drive continuous service improvements
• Takes ownership of SHS services, service level agreements between stakeholders and the customers which details the parameters of the services to be provided. Involved in and manages incident, problem, and change management for service on day-to-day basis as per defined SLAs. Ensures root cause analysis and permanent fix for problems
• Takes ownership and delivers operational level agreements (OLA) with departments internal to the service provider detailing the provision of certain elements of a service
• Drives service team to establish and agree development priorities and development work
• Communicates, influences and works with stakeholders and executives both inside and outside of SHS IT to ensure the broadest understanding and contribution to the strategy
• Acts as go-to point for services and advises various internal, partner and customer
teams on services. Coordinates communication among internal and external support staff
• Contribute to regional and global projects, influencing, building and maintaining relationships, collaborations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
• Responsible for day-to-day management of tasks and processes related to service & its deployments
• Ensures and participates in ITIL process execution including Asset, incident, change, problem, configuration, release and knowledge management
• Provides operational leadership and expert knowledge to internal customers to assist their IT related challenges. Serves as the point of escalation (notification) for major incidents
• Maintains updated service documentation as per ITSM framework of SHS IT
• Provides senior management and service stakeholders required, weekly, monthly and
quarterly reports related to service performance, SLAs etc.
• Travels as needed to engage with internal and external stakeholders to oversee day-to-
day operations as well as to ensure service delivery in alignment with SHS IT strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring service governance related to security, costs, data protection,
legal, export control & customs requirements.
• Participates in internal service review meetings (within IT & with business) & supplier
The Manager has below qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field with 13+ years of
total work experience
• Strong knowledge of all ITIL processes and demonstrable mandatory experience of 7+
years in IT service delivery in a global organization across continents
• Passionate about technology with demonstrable experience of delivering services that
meet the business need and are delivered in accordance with agreed business
requirements, and managing the service lifecycle
• Demonstrable understanding of the unique requirements for enterprise and commercial
customer use of the data centers.
• Understanding of compute, storage, network, security and datacenter technologies and
emerging trends in the modern data centers.
• Familiarity with Healthcare standards FDA, HIPPAA, Part 11 etc. and data protection
laws like GDPR etc.
• Preferred knowledge of financial processes including forecasting, budgeting & accounting skills.
• Self-directed, proactive, work on own initiative with a best practice approach. Pragmatic
problem solver. Able to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk and
opportunity. Strong team player prepared to work flexibly across a matrix organization.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a strong professional ethic when
dealing with customers.
• Able to negotiate and resolve conflicting priorities and to influence senior executives
• Able to assimilate information from multiple sources and to disseminate effectively to
customers and colleagues.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time