Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
Student Intern – Tessent QA
Overview of position
Working independently and as part of a group of teams located mostly in the EU, US, CA that applies advanced testing methodologies to improve software quality, including functional, application, regression and performance testing. As part of Tessent QA you will be involved in R&D of cutting edge and best in class solution for testing electronic circuits including SoCs, chips or memories.
You will be a member of Tessent QA team
Tessent is one of the most innovative groups within SIEMENS EDA (Electronic Design Automation) that focuses on developing best in class tools and DFT (Design of Test) solutions for the largest IC (Integrated Circuits) companies all around the world. Tessent QA team is focused on automated, system level, functional and performance testing as well as continuous improvement of software development and testing processes.
Test execution can be parallelized to any number of test machine - you will be working with sophisticated test infrastructure including GRID created from hundreds of machines.
We use mostly C++, Qt, TCL to develop our tools however in the test infrastructure you will also find PHP, TCL, Python and Bash. Test input data is developed in Verilog, VHDL or System Verilog so you will develop your HDL (Hardware Description Language) skills as well.
The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated engineer with excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow team members and developers on a daily basis.
What will you be doing?
- Learning about modern DFT technologies in the IC industry
- Learning about hardware description languages (Verilog) and scripting in Unix (Bash, Tcl)
- Cooperating with software developers and other team members in the EU, US and CA
- Developing test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Developing input data as a basic IPs described in Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- In common work, we use Linux, Bash, TCL (script language popular in DFT tools), Verilog, JIRA, Confluence, MS Teams
How long will the internship last?
· Summer internship - 3 months
· Possibility of extended internship for an entire academic year
What do you need to succeed?
- Conversational English
- Background in logic designs (logic gates, flops, multiplexers, etc.)
- Attention to detail and high-quality work
- Willingness to learn about various DFT technologies and become an expert in one of them
- Nice to have: experience in Linux environment and scripting languages, regular expressions, knowledge about Verilog, basic experience in microelectronics
- Willingness to work independently and as a part of the team
What we offer ?
- Salary and nice office with Billard, Ping-Pong, Playstation :) )
- Working tools
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
- Possible bachelor/master thesis in cooperation with SIEMENS EDA
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Come and learn more about Siemens Software: Mission / Vision and our software portfolio - or visit our homepage.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-time