Salary: 2 800 EUR/month + variable bonus
We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in finally offered compensation package. We highly welcome even higher-experienced candidates in our team, whose final compensation package will be adjusted individually.
Siemens Mobility in Slovakia is a fast growing company employing more than 700 employees, operating in Bratislava and Žilina in Engineering, IT, Automation, Sales and Service projects.
Your role will be:
• Your way leads you into the central global purchasing department of our business unit for railway infrastructure.
• You will act as a Global Category Manager (f/m/d) for Telecommunication Solutions for international bids & projects all over the world - with a significant purchasing volume in the double-digit million Euro range.
• You will work holistically from the initial request to the handover to the operational purchasing department (before the order is placed).
• You will develop purchasing and procurement strategies for our business demands such as GSM-R, TETRA Radio, Backbone, CCTV Cameras etc.
• You will identify, qualify, and develop high-performance suppliers worldwide, build a portfolio of preferred suppliers and continuously optimize their performance.
• Therefore, you will visit our suppliers located on all five continents and negotiate in person in an international context.
• This includes cooperation and coordination at top management level at suppliers - and also internally.
• In addition, you will ensure global reporting and transparency in all key purchasing parameters in your area of responsibility.
• You will work in an international team setup with colleagues in various countries and with a diverse background.
Required education, skills and personality requirements
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - Upper intermediate (B2) and Slovak - Upper intermediate (B2)
- You hold a university degree (master's degree/diploma) in an engineering discipline (e.g. telecommunication/network engineering, electrical engineering).
- You also have several years of professional experience in strategic purchasing/category management or project management.
- You have a strong background in engineering, information technology or railway engineering.
- Furthermore, you are used to negotiating with international and top-class contacts.
- You have strong communication skills, are fluent in English and have worked in an international context before. Other language skills (e.g. German, Spanish) are an advantage.
- Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings, etc.)
- Flexible working time (home office portion from working time by agreement)
- Extra days-off (bridge days, sick days)
- Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centres, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
- Social benefits programs (teambuildings)
- Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kinder gardens, summer camps)
- Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
- Employee referral program
Don't have a resume ready? Or do you need more information?
Write to me: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact me via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lenka-hudecov%C3%A1-3514a3129/
I will be happy to keep in touch with you for future cooperation. :)
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time