The time to change is now!
It is time to build a sustainable future and define how we evolve through technology with purpose. At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the business digital transition, from Portugal to the world, and IT solutions with purpose. Our team has more than 1300 experts working in areas such as Analytics & Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Strategy & User Experience. Lisbon Tech Hub innovates, designs, transforms the information technology solutions and services for Siemens through our delivery units.
Transforming our future starts with every day!
Lisbon Tech Hub is the home of the new technologists - Dream Builders, Impact Creators & Future Makers. Are you one of them?
What role will you play?
We are seeking an experienced Oracle and PostgreSQL Database Administrator to join our international team of dba's. You will be responsible for managing our databases in our own modern data centers as well as in cloud and container environments, ensuring high availability, performance, and security. You should have a passion for automating tasks through scripting, working with large-scale databases and enjoy solving complex problems.
Your main duties will be:
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle and PostgreSQL databases in our data centers as well as in the cloud and container environments.
- Develop, implement, and test backup and recovery solutions.
- Perform database tuning and optimization to ensure optimal performance and scalability.
- Perform database upgrades and migrations.
- Monitor database performance and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Implement and maintain database security policies and procedures according to CERT, CIS security guidelines, and best practices.
- Advise the application service providers on how to maximize their database systems' performance.
- Collaborate actively with the team to improve operational processes through automation.
- Develop and maintain documentation for database configuration, procedures, and processes.
- Provide on-call support when required.
We are looking for:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration.
- At least 2 years of experience in PostgreSQL Database Administration.
- Experience with database design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Strong understanding of database security, backup and recovery, performance tuning, and scalability.
- Familiarity with cloud databases and cloud services such as AWS, Oracle Cloud, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong knowledge in SQL, PL/SQL, and shell scripting.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, and strong communication skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) certification.
- Experience with other databases such as MySQL or MongoDB.
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with Gitlab.
What makes us proud as an employer:
- The Biggest of Tech Portugal -Technology Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão Magazines).
- Top Companies to work in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn).
- Healthy Workplaces Award - 3rd large corporations (Awarded by Portuguese Psychologists’ Association).
- Most ESG responsible company in Tech/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor).
- 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, biggest portuguese tech community platform).
We are thrilled to have:
A hybrid working model with a flexible working hours policy in order to promote work life balance. A budget for setting up a home office, health insurance, possibility to have a sabbatical leave or non-paid time off and a financial support program for your studies.
You also have a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
To all these benefits we add the possibility to work in a fresh, relaxed, and always motivated environment
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Please send your CV in English, otherwise your application will not be considered.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time