Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as an Electrical Engineer to provide engineering knowledge to support the manufacturing process and new products in development.
The Electrical Engineer will perform root cause analysis of problems and develop solutions to problems as well as document and support the deployed solutions/systems. The Electrical Engineer also designs, configures, or improves automation equipment and tools which encompass electro-mechanical systems and software.
Our global team: We are a team of 69,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Performing calibration of IMTE (Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment) to support production
- Auditing and updating the status of IMTE in the master calibration database
- Preparing calibration reports and certificates
- Performing maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of IMTE as required
- Collecting and analyzing data related to calibration to find areas of improvement or to troubleshoot problems
- Assisting Engineers in drafting new procedures and/or make changes or improvements to existing procedures and forms
- Assisting Engineers in assessing impact of calibration OOT (Out of Tolerance) events
- Assisting Engineers in creating new equipment/tools or jigs
This position may suit you best if you can closely relate with what is below and would like to further develop your career with Healthineers.
- A strong ability to work well in a team setting
- Working independently
- Diligently follow procedures for calibrating precise instruments
- Detail orientated with careful inspection of results
- Effectively communicate both orally and written to peers and management
- Integrity, professionalism, and overall commitment to excellence are paramount
- Flexibility in working in a quality system environment
- Creative and innovative and able to contribute new ideas
- Have a sense of urgency and result oriented
- Able to learn new concepts in a timely manner
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical, computer, engineering physics or other equivalent)
- 3-5 years of engineering within manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience in programing (C#, Labview, Python)
- Preferred knowledge of PLC programing and communications
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical/electronic as well as electromechanical issues
Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work® certified company in Canada for 2020-2023, 2022 Best Workplaces™ in Manufacturing, 2022 Best Workplaces™ for Health Care and 2022 Best Workplaces™ for Hybrid Work.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date. “Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines. will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.