This role is within the Siemens plc GB&I Customs department and is primarily to support the team in the processing of import declarations through our own internal software. Excellent attention to detail and keyboard skills are an essential requirement of the role which also requires good organisational skills, the ability to communicate clearly with internal and external partners. The successful candidate must be self-disciplined and work well within a team albeit mostly remotely from their colleagues.
What are my responsibilities?
- Ensures compliant import/export processing and/or customs classification in his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors compliance with import/export processes and ensures that processes comply with customs regulations by running IT supported test routines and random checks.
- Is responsible for reporting of non-compliant cases.
- Checks data and documents and coordinates with internal and external partners.
- Provides support and/or training for the establishment of master data for the area of responsibility.
- Contributes to the improvement of the efficiency of procedures.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Experience in SAP and Customs knowledge is preferable
- Knowledge of Customs & Export Control Classification would be an advantage in securing this role but not essential as training can be provided if required.
Flexible working is an option where the hours complement the flow of work.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time