Position Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens’ Electronics R&D design team, headquartered in Peachtree Corners, GA, has an opening for a mechanical engineer. The position includes support for released products as well as design tasks for new products. The successful candidate will have experience and interest in mechanical design, electric power systems, and product support. In addition, we are looking for someone interested in growing with the team as our product line evolves into IoT connected devices that control the power grid.
- Support for state-of-the-art hybrid electro-mechanical products including working with manufacturing to solve production issues and deploy improvements
- Analyze, evaluate, plan methods of approach, and organize means to achieve the solution to problems.
- Working with UL as needed on standard scheduled retests for existing products, and leading the resolution of any issues or questions encountered
- Working with UL on the qualification of new products
- Development of product improvements to enhance yield and throughput
- Create/modify and debug electronic circuit breaker fixtures.
- Coordinate with engineering support in manufacturing to arrange for experimental runs, construction of experimental models, and special test equipment.
- Interpret and evaluate test data and results of investigation and develop appropriate reports and recommendations.
- Create 3D models, detail drawings, design reviews and follow documentation releasing procedures.
- Education: Bachelor or above in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Capable of writing technical reports.
- Ability of work in cross-functional teams with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Knowledgeable on a broad range of mechanical engineering topics. Examples include stress analysis, thermal analysis, part design, material selection, common manufacturing processes and six sigma methods.
- Capability of using computer aided design software and internal system. Prefer extensive experience using Pro-E or Creo and its added functionality.
- Good hands-on skills, capable of making quick prototypes. Experience in numerical simulation is desired
- Proven record of critical thinking and problem solving in bringing successful resolution to complex problems.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.