About Smart Infrastructure – Electrification and Automation:
The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future. Our comprehensive portfolio meets the growing technical requirements of today’s and tomorrow’s power grid!
At Siemens EA (Electrification & Automation), we are seeking a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development, be comfortable working on all layers of the stack, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment. Our team, within the Business Excellence group, strives to drive efficiency and productivity of all groups in our Business Unit.
We understand the importance of work-life balance and are open to discussing flexible work arrangements, including full remote work options, for qualified candidates. While we would prefer candidates located in the Raleigh, NC area, we are open to exploring other arrangements for the right candidate.
- Develop, document, and maintain highly effective internal business software applications.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code primarily in Visual Basic (.NET).
- Develop clean, user-friendly GUIs to drive a positive user experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to brainstorm, scope, design, develop, and implement new software applications (or new features to existing applications) within our business.
- Provide insight to business analysts and project managers on applying various development technologies to enhance business processes and productivity.
- Design and maintain SQL databases to store application data in an efficient well-structured manner that can be useful for analytics and potential downstream processes.
- Create applications that interface seamlessly with enterprise systems used within our business, such as SAP, SalesForce, TeamCenter/NX, Microsoft 365, etc.
- Provide quick/timely support to users by debugging existing applications to identify and eliminate issues that may arise at any moment.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to drive best practices.
- Work to standardize and consolidate code across multiple applications, developers, and use cases.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in software engineering.
- Pioneer advanced concepts to increase the performance, effectiveness, scalability, reliability, and maintainability of our internal applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3+ years experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented programming using languages such as Java, C++, or .NET.
- Proficiency in using Git for version control, including experience with branching strategies, merging, rebasing, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums with both technical and non-technical internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Self-driven team player with ability to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to accurately estimate the level of effort and development timeline of a project given the details.
- Some travel may be required for this position, depending on the candidate's location and project requirements. While local candidates may be required to travel occasionally, remote candidates should be prepared for more frequent travel as needed.
- Demonstrated and proven technical aptitude in application development using .NET (Visual Basic and/or C# respectively).
- Experience with cloud computing technologies such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with using Git in conjunction with cloud-based development platforms, such as Azure, for distributed version control, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Experience working with REST or SOAP APIs as well as JSON/XML responses.
- Additional expertise or experience in Engineering disciplines is valued.
- Demonstrable experience with Agile Processes (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Experience with cloud-based CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics).
- Experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning) solutions (SAP, Oracle).
- Familiarity with database administration, including knowledge of SQL Server or other relational database management systems, and experience with tasks such as performance tuning, database optimization, and monitoring.
- Preferred candidate located in or near Raleigh, NC.
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, stock share match, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, potential for hybrid remote work, and so much more.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.