Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Senior Scientist to bring a magnetic bead immuno assay to full market production.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Scientist, you
will be responsible for:
- Understanding the preparation and synthesis of various chemicals used in a variety medical diagnostic products, with focus on protein chemistry
- The synthesis of raw materials, in process, residual, finished product, and stability testing within the framework of site policies, departmental procedures, and cGMP regulations.
- Participating in transfer of methods, validations, investigations, team projects, and special studies to accomplish company and departmental goals. .
- Obtaining, correlating, and analyzing technical information needed to accomplish complex tasks
- The preparation of reports, charts, graphs, other documentation, and advises senior staff
- Review and approve related inputs such as complex drawings and specifications prepared by technical support personnel.
- The supervision and guidance of other chemists in the group
- Being capable of a full range of standard laboratory work for the professional field
- Applying advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
- Identifying and resolving more complex problems and applying problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Setting up, calibrating, operating, and performing
specific maintenance of laboratory test equipment
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to develop your career with
- Experience with ISO13483, cGMP and other regulatory agency work practices and documentation requirements
- Knowledge of proper laboratory documentation and maintenance, archiving of paperwork, attention to specification limits for any tests performed, and immediate notification of any out-of-specification (OOS) results
- Continues development of practical laboratory skills, and a thorough knowledge of chemistry theories, analytical techniques, and site procedures.
- Performs/assists in the execution of protocols, method transfers and validation studies.
- Proficient in use of standard laboratory equipment; ability to run complex analytical assays including HPLC, FTIR, UV; ability to interpret NMR and other analytical methods used to characterize purity of compounds made.
- Demonstrated experience in protein chemistry strongly preferred
- Ability to set up, monitor and purify preparative scale biochemical reactions following established procedures
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- A PhD in Organic or Biochemistry with 0-3 years industrial experience or an MS in Organic or Biochemistry with +5 years industrial experience
- Experience with Magnetic Bead immuno assay development
- Functional experience under cGMP regulation
- Junior chemist supervisory experience
- Able to work second shift (temporary)
Additional Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Demonstrated working understanding of lean manufacturing tools (e.g. 5S, Kanban, work cell, process mapping, etc)
- Demonstrated understanding and application of problem solving skills (K-T, Fishbone, A3, etc)
- Demonstrated strong written & verbal skills to communicate technical information
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
“Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US export control law.” “It is Siemens Healthineers’ policy to comply fully and completely with all United States export control laws and regulations, including those implemented by the Department of Commerce through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), by the Department of State through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and by the Treasury Department through the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions regulations.”
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.