Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Tessent® Test Solutions is one of the most innovative groups within Siemens EDA (Electronic Design Automation). We focus of developing best-in-class tools in the Design for Test (DFT) domain for the largest IC (Integrated Circuits) companies across the world. We create software algorithms as well as hardware (Verilog) IP addressing the challenges of manufacturing test, debug and yield ramp for the most complex System-on-Chip (SoC) designs.
Student Intern – Tessent Software Developer
Overview of the position
Working independently and as a part of one of the teams distributed in Poland, Germany, United States, and Canada that create software aimed at testing components of Integrated Circuits (logic, embedded memories test, etc.), visualization of the results, and data mining for diagnosis and yield ramp. As a part of one of the Tessent Development teams, you will be involved in R&D projects or in enhancement of the tools we produce.
We use mostly C++, Qt, Tcl to develop our tools, however in the test infrastructure you will also find PHP, Python, Perl and Bash. Test data is applied through Verilog, VHDL or SystemVerilog so you will develop your HDL (Hardware Description Language) skills as well.
While it is expected from the candidate to have a Computer Science and/or Logic Design background, in the first month of the internship you will start with a comprehensive training to improve your knowledge in the DFT domain.
You will be a member of one of the Tessent Development teams
Depending on your profile, interview results as well as your preference, you will join one of the teams:
· Logic Test,
· Memory Test,
· Yield Learning,
· Tessent Visualizer.
The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated engineer with excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow team members on the daily basis.
What will you be doing?
- Developing tools (using mostly C++, Tcl, Qt languages) in the Design for Test (DFT) domain.
- Learning about modern DFT technologies in the IC industry.
- Developing hardware components in HDL (e.g., Verilog).
- Cooperating with peer software developers and other team members in the Poland, Germany, US, and Canada.
- Peer code review.
- Branch development.
- Using Linux, QuestaSim, Tcl, Verilog, Jira, Confluence, Phabricator, Bash, MS Teams.
How long will the internship last?
· Summer internship - 3 months (Jul – Sep 2023).
· Possible extension for the entire academic year and beyond (part time).
What do you need to succeed?
- Background in software development.
- Conversational English.
- Basic knowledge of logic design (gates, flip-flops, multiplexers, etc.)
- Attention to details and high-quality work.
- Willingness to learn about various DFT technologies and become an expert in one of them.
- Nice to have: experience in Linux environment and scripting languages, regular expressions, knowledge of Verilog/VHDL, basic experience in microelectronics.
- Willingness to work independently and as a part of the team.
What do we offer?
- Working tools.
- Flexible office hours during the academic year.
- Nice office with billard, table tenis, playstation 😊 or home office (except for the training period in July).
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens), not a partner company.
- Possible B.Sc./M.Sc. project thesis in cooperation with Siemens EDA.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Come and learn more about Siemens Software: Mission / Vision and our software portfolio - or visit our homepage.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who have had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-time