Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Do you love technology? Are you passionate about creating innovative, well-designed, high-quality software solutions which excite users and impact people’s life? Are you interested to work and grow in a high-paced, result-oriented, rewarding and fun environment?
If yes, then it’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together. The Molecular Imaging (MI) business line is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team to develop next generation PET-CT and PET-MR imaging devices (see also https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/molecular-imaging). This position is located in Knoxville, TN. A substantive relocation package will be provided for out of state candidates.
In this role you will develop software which:
· reliably calibrates PET imaging devices to maximize quality of images created during patient scans thus enabling physicians to diagnose patients correctly and with confidence.
· assesses image quality performance of the device
· smartly diagnoses and helps to service complex, cutting edge technology devices thus avoiding or minimizing system downtime for doctors and patients
· enables efficient manufacturing of the product
In this role you will be responsible for:
· Driving the design, implementation and integration test of application features within and across scrum teams in hands-on manner.
· Leading the efforts to understand user needs, come up with innovative solution concepts, demonstrate feasibility, get early customer feedback, work out implementation and integration test plans, execute and demonstrate outcomes. Close collaboration with other software engineers, architects, product managers, system engineers and test professionals will be required.
· Coaching less experienced team members
· Assessing quality of our source code and helping to improve it (champion proper test code design, identification of test coverage gaps, improve testability, usage of state-of-the-art test framework etc.).
· Writing and reviewing technical documentation
· Troubleshooting and fixing issues reported by test team or customers
· Evaluation of new technologies, refactoring and redesign of existing solutions
Required skills, education, and experience:
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
· Excellent analytical and software engineering skills
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to work independently and as part of an agile team collaborating with other local and remote teams in US, Germany and India.
· Intrinsic motivation to take responsibility, making a difference, driving and owning topics. Positive commitment to customers, company and team.
· Approximately 5% travel required.
Preferred skills, education, and experience:
· Excellent understanding of object-oriented design, patterns and architecture principles applied in large-scale systems
· Excellent understanding of distributed system design, asynchronous communication and multi-threaded application development
· Experience in medical device domain, DICOM, Siemens Syngo and Somaris platforms is preferred but not necessary.
· Experience with test approaches for non-functional qualities (esp. robustness, usability, performance).
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.