Position Title: Systems Architect
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Electronics R&D Team is expanding at their Peachtree Corners, GA location. As our product line evolves into a more connected system architecture through communications, we are looking to add software development expertise at multiple experience levels and specialties. Growing areas include wired and wireless communications, IoT security, and data collection / analysis based on artificial intelligence.
Join our team as we together build technologies to create safe and efficient next generation electrical circuit protection, intelligent energy source selection, intuitive power distribution, control, and monitoring for the smart residential market. You will be responsible for developing and implementing software for our embedded products (RTOS and bare metal-based products). You will be involved in the complete life cycle of the product design process – design, validate, deploy, and maintain.
- Follow latest industry trends in IoT data transfer and wireless communications and help implement and improve designed communication enabled products.
- Perform feasibility studies for wireless communication application in product portfolio and create proof of concept to demonstrate planned use cases.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and perform validation of software for embedded devices and systems using defined requirements. Help deploy through new product introduction in manufacturing and maintain software for mass production.
- Contribute to periodic analysis of resources (memory, timing, speed etc.) for identified microcontrollers and microprocessors to help develop efficient, stable, and scalable products and systems.
- Work closely with all engineering disciplines including other software/firmware, electrical hardware, mechanical, project management, verification and validation engineers and quality personnel to verify and validate products.
- Perform assessment of third party and open-source software components as needed for safe and secure software releases.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Education:
- 8 – 10 years of experience developing software for embedded applications.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline is required. Advanced degree (Master’s/ PhD degree) can be substituted for industry experience.
- Understanding of embedded firmware, source code control systems, test automation scripting, application software and test-driven development processes is required.
- Must have strong working experience in C or C++ and hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded microcontrollers or microprocessors-based systems.
- Knowledge and experience of understanding and interpretation of hardware schematics is required.
- Experience developing applications using wireless IoT Network Protocols such as Bluetooth, BLE, Zigbee and Wifi.
- Knowledge in the areas of secure architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and security hardening of cloud-based SaaS products is a plus.
- Experience working with multiple communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART etc.) and industry standard security packages for secure firmware and data transfer between communicating devices is required.
- Experience working with industry standard programmers and debugging environments (JTAG etc.) is required.
- Knowledge and experience of safety software certification (UL 1998 or similar) through external agencies like UL etc. is required.
- Should have knowledge of working with electronic test equipment and measurement devices such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, DC power supplies etc.
- Should have necessary writing skills to create measurable software requirements and design documentation.
- Knowledge of industry standard Real time operating system (RTOS) such as freeRTOS is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and tools and working understanding of software development process is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Python or similar test automation including Hardware in Loop is beneficial.
- Knowledge and Experience using MATLAB/SIMULINK is a bonus and converting analytical results into efficient product design.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively.
- Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences including product management and engineers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as part of a team.
- Produce excellent results with minimal supervision, independently debug, optimize and able to evaluate complex code base.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
- Familiarity with software testing tools such as Unity, SonarQube etc.
- Familiarity with software version control such as GIT, Rational ClearCase etc.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.